Windshield Rain Effect Mouse Issue with P3D v4.4 VR

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
joepoway
Airman First Class

Windshield Rain Effect Mouse Issue with P3D v4.4 VR

Post by joepoway »

Hi Lewis

I wanted to let you know there's a new issue with the new windshield effects when using the latest release of P3Dv4.4.

When I want to use my virtual mouse cursor in VR it will not penetrate the windshield as it sees it as a cockpit surface. You might ask "why is this a problem?" Well when I want to interact with a pop up menu like ATC or my GPS they always are set to open just in front of the windshield and because of this it is not possible to interact with the pop up window since the virtual mouse cursor stops at the windshield now. I have confirmed it's an issue with the new feature because my P-51 hasn't been updated and works fine but my T-6 and C-172 have been updated and they will not penetrate and therefore I cannot interact with my pop ups. I know there is a way to enable rain effects and still penetrate the windshield with the mouse cursor in VR because my Aerosoft A320 uses "True Glass" and it allows the mouse cursor to penetrate the windshield and therefore I can interact with my pop ups.

Please let me know if I have made myself clear and what if anything might be able to be done since I fly primarily in VR and this is a big issue for me now.

Thanks in advance
Joe
ImageImage
ImageImage

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Windshield Rain Effect Mouse Issue with P3D v4.4 VR

Post by some1 - A2A »

Thanks for the report, we don't see any obvious reason why is this happening, but we'll investigate.
Michael Krawczyk

joepoway
Airman First Class

Post by joepoway »

some1 - A2A wrote:Thanks for the report, we don't see any obvious reason why is this happening, but we'll investigate.
Any better understanding regarding this issue?
It makes it very difficult to use my A2A aircraft in VR flying I would appreciate a status update.

Thanks in advance
Joe
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

we are currently investigating the issue

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”