Cannot get close to the instruments/dash

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Cannot get close to the instruments/dash

Post by Oracle427 »

No idea whatsoever how anything said in this thread can be perceived as an attack.

So who is the one looking for a fight here again? Again, I don't care how many forums you visit, hours of experience or qualifications you have and I'm very amused that you are amused. You should know better about Lewis in that case. Anyway...

I wrote to disagreeing with the characterization of Lewis, because it isn't the Lewis I know. I felt the tone in your post was completely out of line. Everyone here is a real person and yes, no one is perfect.

You are correct, sometimes questions get asked to answers that have already been provided, to that I say, "so what?!" Why not just respond in a friendly manner saying that the answer was given in your prior posts in the thread instead of exploding? This is one of the few forums where we don't have people that immediately blow up when a question that has already been asked five thousand times is asked again. Everyone here knows that the right thing to do is to respond to the question with information just like it was the first time it was asked. That said, it is appreciated when people do search for answers, but as you can see on this forum no one is ever berated for not doing so, and I appreciate that attitude from the team as well as everyone else that participates.

This is the only sim aviation forum that I visit because of the helpful and friendly attitude everyone has around here. I do care when someone comes in and disrupts an otherwise very pleasant forum. I don't want this place to become like the other ones.

Like I said before, a little more patience might actually result in a solution for your issue. I don't own Chaseplane and as far as I know none of the support team members do either, it's isn't an A2A product and isn't required to operate A2A products. With an open exchange of information, someone might make a discovery. Venting will not get anyone any closer to that desired outcome.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Turbine777
Airman

Post by Turbine777 »

You're unbelievable. You have your opinion and I, mine. Deal with it how you wish. You stated your opinion and now are going way overboard in your little mellow drama and flat out trying to make me out to be something I'm not. I ALWAYS talk to people here, there, and everywhere with respect. Cut me short though, I'm short. Disrespect me and I can tend to bite back. Forum etiquette, or lack thereof is one reason most of us get burnt out and I am very happy of my many years in helping and being the good guy. Don't like what's been said, okay. You said this, now move along. I have. Want to read more of my posts, please do because no where will you find anything on this or any other forum with me doing the nonsense that you keep saying that I do. I have better things to do than let whatever you are attempt to tell me who I am. Like you earlier mentioned, we are people and I am one as well. One that is tired of some forum bully, you, trying to belittle me. Feel free to keep replying to yourself on here. I'm done with this. It, and you are very much not worth it.

Have a nice day! :)

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Guys, keep it friendly.

Turbine777: You have to be very careful of anything you say that might cast any doubt on A2A or its products. Not because there's a problem with A2A, but because of a community that worships everything A2A as Holy Writ. They're good. I like what they do. But I'm a fan, not a fanatic. You should already know from doing support yourself that you need to keep it as cordial as possible. Do not post when you are upset. And don't bother quoting credentials.

Oracle427: Be careful of your wording. Accusing someone of "going on the attack" is itself an attack and is likely to be responded to as such.

Lewis & Nick: You have no idea how frustrating it is to be denied support. Turbine777 clearly showed in a video that there is a problem with the C-172 that does not exist in other A2A aircraft. While the problem shows up under ChasePlane, it is not a ChasePlane problem. Since I'm using the FSX Cub and 172 in Prepar3D I can't even post a question, as I've seen other people asking questions with obvious answers for FSX being denied an answer because they're using P3D. Telling someone who is trying to change the eyepoint to use the zoom functions is not helpful. Sorry.

Turbine777: You are giving up too soon. The A2A aircraft are too good to discard because you're upset. Someone might figure out an answer.

Personally, if I wanted to set up a new eyepoint, I'd make a new view. If ChasePlane (or EZCA) won't work for a specific eyepoint then you make a new view as a workaround and get there using A or Shift-A. Such compromises are common and should be expected.

Hook

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Dan/Turbine777,

I've read through all the posts in this topic and I've absolutely no idea why you feel so aggrieved or perceive any slight from Lewis or anyone else. Your posts are the only ones which resort to unpleasantry, most notably the one beginning "Seriously?". We're pretty relaxed here when it comes to forum moderation, but personal attacks directed at anyone, whether A2A staff or other community members, will not be tolerated.

For what it's worth, we use a community-based tech support forum, partly because with such a wide array of third-party products available, there's more of a chance that somebody who uses the product in question will be able to chime in. The reality is that it's next to impossible for us to provide support for a third party product, unless we have it installed and some detailed knowledge of it. Even then, it's only fair that the developers of this product should be the ones providing tech support. With such a huge array of third-party add-ons available, there's no way that A2A staff can be expected to own and use all of them.
Hook wrote:Turbine777 clearly showed in a video that there is a problem with the C-172 that does not exist in other A2A aircraft. While the problem shows up under ChasePlane, it is not a ChasePlane problem.
Sorry, but I disagree. It's possible to move the eye point right up to the instrument panel in the C172 using the default Prepar3D v4 keys which (on my laptop anyway) are combinations of Shift and Ctrl and Backspace and Enter. Similarly, I can use EZdok to do exactly the same thing. These facts point to an issue with the way ChasePlane is configured on the OP's system. As mentioned, this would hopefully be an issue for ChasePlane tech support to advise on.

Dan - please take a step back, calm down a bit and keep your posts here friendly. My advice would be to disable ChasePlane and see if the default keystrokes above work as expected.

Thank you,
Nick

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Hi Nick,

I'm going to agree with everything you wrote, especially considering I already gave him the same advice. :)

If the 172 is the only aircraft displaying the problem, what is different about the 172? Whatever it is, ChasePlane could possibly compensate for it, but it does point out a potential problem. Today it shows up with ChasePlane, tomorrow, who knows? One problem is how much time and research is it actually worth to fix it? Probably not much. It would be different if a new aircraft had a similar problem.

It is known that when a model is compiled to a .MDL file, sometimes the bounding boxes do not calculate properly. This is especially obvious on the Stratocruiser. Open the sim and go to the flight planning section and select the Stratocruiser. Notice that it is way too high in the spinning picture. The problem is the bounding box, which can be fixed with RADitor, and the spinning plane shows up correctly. While I'm currently using Prepar3D version 2.5, I had the Stratocruiser for a full year before I got P3D and had the same problem in FSX. And fixed it.

I notice that in the most recent Strat update the bounding box was not modified. I understand this, as changes would require regression testing. It is still an obvious problem, although probably not worth trying to fix at this point.

The reason I am bringing up bounding boxes is that it is likely that ChasePlane uses them to determine where your camera position is. Some aircraft only show a small part of the plane's exterior in the interior model, so if you move too far from a normal eyepoint you have to switch to the exterior model to see the rest of the plane.

Now... if this is the case we can use RADitor to modify the bounding box to see if it helps. I can't test it myself as I can't reproduce the problem. Perhaps Turbine777 could try this if he is still around. I hope he is.

Hook

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Happy to help if he would like to follow any basic trouble shooting or take things on-board. With Ezdok and Chase-plane being used the world over by thousands, I would suggest this is a chase-plane issue, esp if its skipping on models which from a technical standpoint is only possible with a camera add-on not in a default sim.

Your system or chaseplane is mis-configured is the end story here and you seem unwilling or unable to grasp this or receive any support to help remedy your situation from us or our friends and owner Kev over at chaseplane, who made changes during beta of chaseplane to make sure things work with our aircraft and our walk-around system.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Hello Hook,

Thank you, but my direct message that went on the "attack" was exactly what I intended. I will continue to be just as direct when speaking out against personal insults and foul language directed toward other forum members.

Thankfully, these events happen very rarely on these forums and I find it to be a nice place to regularly visit.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

...owner Kev over at chaseplane, who made changes during beta of chaseplane to make sure things work with our aircraft and our walk-around system.
Ah! If that is the case, then they've already tested ChasePlane with the 172 and it should have worked. Thanks. That is significant information.

Unless, of course, it didn't work. Why would Kev throw the problem back on A2A unless he had problems as well?

Most of the time a problem like this is a mis-configuration.
...my direct message that went on the "attack" was exactly what I intended.
Which is why you got the response you did and why the problem escalated.

Hook

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Yes, that is correct, my intent was to call out bad behavior, not de-escalate. It was past that point already.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Oracle427 wrote:Yes, that is correct, my intent was to call out bad behavior, not de-escalate. It was past that point already.
When doing any kind of tech support, you're going to be dealing with people with problems. People who are already upset, even if they don't immediately show it. The FIRST thing you have to do is de-escalate. You can expect to see questionable behavior occasionally. Someone coming in and intentionally antagonizing the person does not help. You end up losing customers and refunds being demanded. We might have been able to get him up and running and buying more A2A merchandise.

If you are not a part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Hook

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hook wrote:
...owner Kev over at chaseplane, who made changes during beta of chaseplane to make sure things work with our aircraft and our walk-around system.
Ah! If that is the case, then they've already tested ChasePlane with the 172 and it should have worked. Thanks. That is significant information.

Unless, of course, it didn't work. Why would Kev throw the problem back on A2A unless he had problems as well?

Most of the time a problem like this is a mis-configuration.

Hook
Not sure whats happening here, but a person posted about an issue asking if it was chaseplane or A2A. Its clearly to see from our pov that it is a Chasplane/camera issue, probably mis-configuration but its not my place to say this as I am by no means a chaseplane expert and could well be talking nonsense when trying to troubleshoot a program we did not design.

Because it wasn't an issue with the aircraft, the person was politely referred back to the correct place to help solve there issue. They took offence at the help, theirs not much we can do beyond continue to offer the same help we know to be correct.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Once again, the escalation was met with a response saying that the escalation was uncalled for, out of line and asking to be respectful and civil.

Not sure what is wrong with being asked to be respectful and civil. Please be civil and respectful. That person was not being civil and respectful, and if that sounds like an attack, so be it. I will be accept that what was said earlier can be defended at all. Lewis is owed an apologyas far as I'm concerned, but that's just my opinion.

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mikenor »

Completely agree with you Oracle - this guy was way out of line from the second reply on.... Lewis and Nick offer the best support in the business - no one comes close.

Mike

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”