P3D V4.3, next to no steering after client update.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Supertaquito
Airman Basic

P3D V4.3, next to no steering after client update.

Post by Supertaquito »

Hey there,

Long time user, but I had been able to get all my little quirks by visiting the forums and reading around. I recently made the upgrade from P3D V4.2 to 4.3 because I was lazy and didn't have the time to reinstall the client from scratch and download the sceneries and whatnot.

The C172 has been in my hangar for a while and I never had the steering issues with 4.2. When I upgraded to 4.3 by reinstalling the client, and then reinstalling the C172 I noticed that it stopped being responsive during taxi.

Differential braking is not working like it should and has been discussed here before, and the rudder has it's full travel range, but the nosewheel only moves about 3 degrees. Differential braking will help to make the turn a bit more pronounced, but I have to push 1200RPMs to make it happen and that's just way too unrealistic and not how it worked before.

One thing I noticed, which I suspect may have something to do is that I uninstalled the C172 from programs and features along with other add ons, then I uninstalled P3D and removed all relevant leftover folders before installing 4.3. and when I reinstalled the C172 it does not show up under programs and features like it used to, but it shows up in the sim just fine.

If that could be related, how can I uninstall the C172 to do some extra troubleshooting?

Thank you much! Safe flights!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P3D V4.3, next to no steering after client update.

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Supertaquito - welcome to the A2A forums.

Back in May of this year we reissued the installers for all the P3Dv4 Accu-Sim products. Have you downloaded this revised installer, or are you still installing using the original one? More info on how to get hold of the updated installer can be read here.

I'm guessing that you're using the original installer, and the very early P3Dv4 releases actually didn't include an uninstaller. Assuming the C172 is your only Accu-Sim product for P3Dv4, simply delete the entire "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A" directory to uninstall the product. After doing this and before reinstalling with the new installer, I also recommend you launch P3Dv4 once to flush its add-ons.cfg files.

Thanks,
Nick

Supertaquito
Airman Basic

Post by Supertaquito »

Hello Nick!

Thanks for dropping by. You were right, I was still using the old installer. It's all fixed now, I got my steering and happy taxi trails back.

Cheers!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Good to hear Supertaquito - thanks for the update.

Nick

Gerardus
Airman Basic

Post by Gerardus »

Originally i bought the A2A C172 package 12-12-2014 at justflight.com. Order: JFL864145F7B9DDFB67
I create a account at a2a store and filled in the form.
I didn't got a response. Given your always excellent support I think i did something wrong. :wink:
Please advice in detail how i can get the new installer

thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Gerardus,

If you originally purchased from JustFlight, you should simply be able to re-download the current installer from your JustFlight account. The form for transferring products to the new A2A store is only for customers who purchased directly from the old A2A store.

There's also a separate process for customers who purchased from the FlightSimStore, but this doesn't apply in your case.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”