Auto pilot will not stay on?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Auto pilot will not stay on?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Kent,

Sounds like a control conflict for sure. Have you also checked for a conflicting assignment for elevator trim with the NUMPAD 1 key assignment? Pitch trim inputs will send a disconnect signal to the autopilot.

It may also be worth checking for conflicting entries in the "C172 Input Configurator". Specifically, "yoke trim up". "yoke trim down" and "yoke AP disconnect".

Thanks,
Nick

kbergphd
Airman

Post by kbergphd »

I flew the C172 from KBFL to KHMV with autopilot on and working. I deleted the View I had with NumberPad 1, and Letter "Z" called "Pilot View" and established a new view with assigned key NumberPad 1 and seems to work fine. Very strange interaction and would like to figure out what it is so it does not happen again. Thanks, Kent.

rgartley
Airman Basic

Post by rgartley »

I literally just had this exact issue with P3D, Chaseplane, and the 182 Skylane after upgrading the plane. The Elevator Trim up and down controls were bound to NumPad 7 and 1 respectively. Simply a conflict between P3D and ChasePlane. I highlighted the keys and clicked 'Delete' to clear the binding. AP is all good once again. :mrgreen:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good stuff, gotta keep an eye on custom key mappings as its so easy to double assign and create some horrible conflicts.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”