[RESOLVED] Yoke not recognized by A2A C172

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
RMM
Airman First Class

[RESOLVED] Yoke not recognized by A2A C172

Post by RMM »

Hello Lewis and Nick...

I just installed the latest A2A C172 Trainer into P3D v 4.3. I have done a complete reinstall of Win 10 and P3D and A2A C172.

All four controllers (Yoko yoke / MFG Rudders / Saitek Throttle / Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel) are recognized within Win 10. [Control Panel-Hardware and Sound-Devices and Printers].

Only the Yoko yoke has been calibrated within Win10. The Yoko yoke assignments are then entered and controlled by Virtual-Fly's special software. All Yoko yoke assignments in P3D have been deleted. The other three controllers, MFG/Throttle/Trim, get all their assignments from within P3D.

I have not used Win10 to calibrate the three other controllers. I do not use the A2A Input Configurator, which only recognizes the Yoko yoke and has all functions as "Disabled".

What has happened is related to A2A C172 only.

PROBLEM:
Piper Cub / Mooney Bravo / Beech etc Native P3D Aircraft - My Yoko yoke moves the control stick normally.
A2A C172 - No response. But the yoke is recognized by the Virtual Fly software and within Win10 game controllers, where it was calibrated. So I know it is working normally, except in the A2A Cessna.

I reviewed all P3D key and axis assignments to be sure there are no conflicts there.

Please advise.
RMM
Last edited by RMM on 23 Sep 2018, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Yoke not recognized by A2A C172

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Is the yoke enabled in P3D itself?

P3Dv4 comes with two input methods, does the yoke require a certain input method be selected under your P3D Settings?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

RMM
Airman First Class

Post by RMM »

Hi Lewis..
As mentioned, for native aircraft the Yoko yoke works fine. I was flying the Piper Cub and Mooney Bravo for some days before installing the A2A C172. The Enable Controllers check box is checked. When the A2A C172 was installed, some assignments got modified within P3D, so I had to review all four controllers and correct for changes made in the Saitek Throttle Quadrant. The other controllers were unchanged.

The Yoko yoke manual makes no mention of having to change input method. Right now it is on "Raw" input.

The yoke is visible in Windows Game Controllers and operates normally for the native aircraft.

RMM
Airman First Class

Post by RMM »

Lewis..
From what I can pull from thrashing around on various forum posts, the Yoko Yoke from Virtual Fly does not readily accept assignments and calibration from P3D. We are instructed to use the VF Test/Calibration software together with unregistered FSUIPC. As mentioned, all native P3D aircraft work perfectly with this setup.

The problem is.... A2A aircraft don't like this arrangement and refuse to recognize the Yoko Yoke. The Yoko yoke is very well received (I could not find a single negative comment or review) -- maybe you could connect with Virtual Fly and sort this out.

If I get a solution, I will let you know. But this is not a typical setting adjustment fix.

Thoughts?

RMM

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Have you tried changing the P3D input setup from RAW?

This wont be mentioned in any manual as the yoko yoke pre-dates P3Dv4 by quite a number of years. You may need to take this matter up with Virtual Flight.

thanks,
Lewis

RMM
Airman First Class

Post by RMM »

Hi Lewis..
I wrote to Virtual Fly as well. Will keep you advised of the results via Raw to Direct.
Thanks

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Remember to restart the sim between changing the input setting.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

RMM
Airman First Class

Re: [RESOLVED] Yoke not recognized by A2A C172

Post by RMM »

Hi Lewis ..
Rob Ainscough, AVSIM Director/Moderator, has the Yoko yoke. Rob gave me the fix. The way to get the Yoko to work with A2A is like this. RAW input is ok, so I did not change. I did an uninstall and fresh installation of the A2A C172. Then disable FSUIPC in Modules folder. Do not run the VF Test/Calibration App. Backup and then Delete the files in the P3D Controls folder == C:\Users\"Your Name"\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls. Then reboot with all controllers on board. I had to clean up those odd key and axis assignments that P3D comes up with - like new key assignments appearing for my MFG rudder pedals. No idea why that happens, but always important to check all assignments. Then I calibrated the Yoko yoke in P3D.

The result was very much acceptable. The VF Test/Calibration software has a slope curve feature like FSUIPC. So operating with P3D calibration is just a bit less smooth, but certainly all right. The yoke is just a bit overly responsive.

When I hear from Virtual Fly, I will compare notes and post a new thread for any future users who may have this same issue.

The Yoko is not cheap, but for my real world training it is going to save many hours and many $$ along the way.

thanks
RMM

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”