Saving Flight Position - Several Parameters not saved

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Beauregard
Airman Basic

Saving Flight Position - Several Parameters not saved

Post by Beauregard »

Hi

I recently bought the c172 and have the following problem (with prepar3d):
When I save a flight position,then some parameters e.g. Engine running/not running, throttle etc are not saved.

Example:
1. I start Prepard3D, Choose the c172 and Berlin as airport. The Flightsim loads and I am in the start position, engines turn off.
I save it as "Berlin Start"
Then I start, take off and after 10 minutes, while cruising at 3000 feets and e.g. 80kn I save it as "Berlin Cruising".

2. Now I want to start from another airport and I load e.g. Zurich. I am in Zurich, starting position, enginges turning off.
Now I decide to load "Berlin Cruising". What happens: The flight position previously saved with "Berlin Crusing" is loaded, but the engin is off and handbreaks in the air on...... And many other parameters

My understanding of saving/loading a flight position would be that the complete situation is saved, same as with every application: When I save a document in MS Word, I expect that text and formatting of this document is saved, and not only text and formatting is lost.

I tested the above with some default airplaines of Prepar3D and here all works as expected, the full scenario with all parameters is saved

My question: Do I overlook something? How can I save the whole position with all parameters?

thanks
Andre

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Saving Flight Position - Several Parameters not saved

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Andre and welcome to the A2A forums.

What you're describing is the result of the result of the fact that unlike the vast majority of FSX/P3D add-ons, the A2A C172 and the other Accu-Sim aircraft are programmed to have a persistent state in the sim. This means that the condition of the engine and airframe, along with the position of most switches is saved between sim sessions.

In your case, if you wish to load a scenario where the aircraft is in cruise flight after finishing with one where it's been shut down on the ground, please load P3D, select the A2A 172, start its engine and configure the aircraft for flight, and then load your saved scenario.

Also, please make sure you don't save the A2A 172 (or any other complex add-on) as part of your default P3D scenario as this can cause problems.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Nick

Beauregard
Airman Basic

Post by Beauregard »

Hi Nick

Thanks for your fast reply!

This explains the "problems" I encountered, I will try to do as you describe.

Nevertheless, are there any plans to implement a feature which allows to save the complete state?

best regards
André

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi André,

It's unlikely that we'll be making any changes to the persistent aircraft behaviour in the immediate future. The complication is that loading a flight that applied its own saved settings would tend to end up overwriting the recent saved state of the aircraft. Saving the aircraft state between sim sessions seems to be overall the most realistic and robust way to simulate a 'real aircraft ownership experience'.

In your case, the workaround mentioned above should work pretty well hopefully.

All the best,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”