Cessna 172 install screwed up FSX

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
srd
Airman Basic

Cessna 172 install screwed up FSX

Post by srd »

I bought the Cessna 172 yesterday and installed it today. Boy did it mess up FSX. When I loaded FSX and went to "FLY" it tried to load in both monitors... the primary and part of the second one. Both went black and then went to "program error message". After that it didn't matter which aircraft I selected, same thing happened. I de-installed the Cessna and reinstalled. Same issues. I de-installed it once more, and FSX still won't "FLY" with any aircraft. Thank you A2A...

I over wrote the FSX.cfg file with the one I always save before making a change and I'm at least back to flying. So what gives? and yes everything is up to date and correct. I've purchased Carenado's planes with never an issue, but thought I'd try A2A's this time. I'm sure because this aircraft has been out for a long time there is an answer/fix for what I've experienced, I just need help finding it.
My system is a Win XP with everything up to date as possible, FSX gold w/accel. Has worked flawlessly for close to a year.

As a side note, I first installed it on my Win10 laptop with a different outcome. The selected plane only showed a small portion of the interior, no exterior of the plane as it rotated a round. Funny thing was, there was the pilot in the aft part of the plane on his back. Went to FLY and no plane. Got the views but there was never any panels, stacks or planes structure. Needless to say I de-installed it.

Steve

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cessna 172 install screwed up FSX

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Steve,

on the first part I am not too sure. The aircraft software is just aircraft software, we do not touch anything like the fsx cfg etc so I believe your issue there will lay else where than with the 172.

However running the old XP OS could be an issue in itself. Can you please run the latest Accu-sim updater too to make sure you are on the latest version of the software;
https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 08&t=57819

For the second issue on your second issue this is because your FSX is not updated and this is how FSX box or pre SP2 versions display FSX SP2 models.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

srd
Airman Basic

Post by srd »

Thanks Lewis, I re-downloaded the file and installed it and it seemed to work fine. Must have been some sort of glitch that occurred and changed the .cfg file. Anyway, it seems to be resolved, so thanks for your help. I will run the updater. As to the second issue, you're right about the fact that FSX never had accel/sp2 installed. I don't use the laptop much except for doing .lua scripts and testing.

I did notice something in the Cessna. The panel can change how bright it appears without doing anything as though there was an overhead light that was being switched on or off...any thoughts?

Cheers, Steve

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Steve, have you ruin the updater and got all updated?

A glitch wouldn't cause the cfg to change from our end, as mentioned the FSX version of the Accu-sim C172 Trainer software doesn't touch the platform cfg at all.

thanks,
Lewis

srd
Airman Basic

Post by srd »

When I say glitch, I'm not blaming A2A...anymore (lol). I remember when I first loaded the plane and was ready to fly, I changed to "full screen" and that's when it started misbehaving. The timing was such and had never happened before that I blamed A2A. My bad. I haven't run update yet but will. Any thoughts on the brightness of the panel?
Steve

srd
Airman Basic

Post by srd »

OK Lewis I've updated. Now, I get a message "Can't Load File", 25 of them and then "Fatal Error" I will try uninstalling, re-installing and re-updating.

Steve

srd
Airman Basic

Post by srd »

After uninstalling, reinstalling and re-updating, NO Joy! "Can't Load file"
Will try reinstalling without updating. What's the refund policy?

Just uninstalled and reinstalled and DID NOT run updater. Now it seems to work.

Steve

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You mentioned old WinXP. Is there any reason your running the old OS, as you'll be running into more and more issues running such an old operating system.

thanks,
Lewis

srd
Airman Basic

Post by srd »

Hey Lewis, you ask why run XP? Well first, I already had it installed on an old workstation. Secondly, it was based around Windows NT which was one of the most solid OS Microsoft ever built. In 2006 when FSX was released, XP was at the top of its game. Then came VISTA, a real bummer of an OS in my opinion. The fact that it's not supported anymore and newer software doesn't always play well with XP or won't play at all can be a real issue, but it still works, and works well, when it works...lol. My plan is to put together a new kick-ass system. But until that time, I still get to fly.

Cheers,
Steve

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”