Radios receive broadcast but will not transmit -new install

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
skykng08
Airman Basic

Radios receive broadcast but will not transmit -new install

Post by skykng08 »

I just installed my new C172 Trainer for Prepar3d 4.3 and love the plane. I am having a problem with the radios and am baffled/confused-easily -on how to transmit using the ATC menu. When I click on the ATC menu item, I get nothing. I can hear when the ATC transmit to other aircraft but can't transmit with mine. I have never had the problem before and am puzzled by the issue. I see on the compass that there is a item marked radio on and radio off but I am assuming their should be a led light indicating which one. I am lost in no radio land, please send me a message on how to get out and make noise.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Radios receive broadcast but will not transmit -new inst

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

Please can you check what channel the "audio transmit selector" on the KMA 26 audio panel is set to? If it's accidentally been set to "passengers" or COM 3, that would explain your inability to transmit.

It might help with troubleshooting if you can share a screenshot of how the radio are configured in your installation. There are some tips here on attaching screenshots to posts.

Thanks,
Nick

skykng08
Airman Basic

Post by skykng08 »

Hi Nick,
I discovered that I had not pulled on the radio knob to open txmit. What a dolt!! Thanks for your quick reply-Keep up the good work at A2A.

Thanks

Wayne

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey - no worries Wayne. Glad you're back in business and thanks for posting the update. :)

Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”