VOR Morse code identifier problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
wizza952
Airman

VOR Morse code identifier problem

Post by wizza952 »

Hello all.
Yes I know! , I've seen quite a few threads on this topic but nothing is helping me at all!!
I have a2a cessna172. When I choose a VOR (pole hill in england) and switch the frequency to the active, and RIGHT CLICK the ident knob...and I have Nav1 selected too, i am not getting the morse code signal. after several tries and choosing other main vor's i get same result!
Am I missing something.
Any advise please. Thank you!
David.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: VOR Morse code identifier problem

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi David,

As a start please, let us know what is the sim platform you use: FSX (Boxed), FSX:SE, P3Dv1-v3 or P3Dv4.

Cheerz,
Vladimir
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

wizza952
Airman

Post by wizza952 »

Hi Vladimir,
Thank you for your quick reply.!!
I have FSX boxed with SP1 and2 . And I'm running windows 7 on a 3.2gz computer.
Does that help!
Thanks mate.
David.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello David,

If you haven't already, please can you run the latest Accu-Sim update which can be downloaded from here. This step is currently still needed for older FSX installers.

Thanks,
Nick

wizza952
Airman

Post by wizza952 »

Hi nick! Thank you also for your quick reply!
Yes, actually, I did the update previously to the thread because I thought that might help. But it made no difference.
I have just tried another flight from manchester to Derby (UK) with 1 VOR (115.70) in the active... had VOR1 on.... identifier on (right clicked) NOTHING!
Im sure it could be something simple or maybe even something im not doing.
So you know, ive had the a2a cessna for a good while, but have recently come back to FSX again. I never did any VOR flying before so im new to it really...and ive watched numerous utube videos about VOR flying so Im fairly sure Im not doing something wrong!
Thanks for your patience!!! Im sure we'll get it sorted though.
David.

wizza952
Airman

Post by wizza952 »

Hello all!
Im sorry but I feel a bit downright confused that I cant solve this thread!!!
Not only that I cant receive the morse code ident in the A2A cessna but I cant receive anything in the default cessna either!!
Believe me, I do know that Im doing everything correct regarding tuning and selecting and right clicking the ident knob...and ive tried both Nav1 and Nav2 also.
Ive also watched may tutorials on utube.
Which makes me wonder if I have some sort of (I dont know!!) glitch somewhere???

Again, so you know, Im flying this fantastic cessna really well! and understand the flying to a fault, but I cant understand this morse code problem!!!
Can anyone out there help me please.
Thank you!!
David.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi David,

Sorry I missed your earlier reply above - things have been a little hectic since the release of the Bonanza. :oops:

There's one thing you could try, and that's checking the volume of the "cockpit sounds" slider in FSX. Just make sure it hasn't inadvertently been turned right the way down.

If that's not the culprit, please can you grab a screenshot of your cockpit setup when this problem is active and post it here in case it gives us any clues. You can't attach files directly to the forum, but instead you can upload them to a file sharing site (I used Dropbox for this) and then post a link. More info here.

Finally, are you quite sure you're actually in range of the VOR? I don't think you've mentioned if the VOR1 gauge CDI is actually deflecting.

Thanks,
Nick

wizza952
Airman

Post by wizza952 »

Hi Nick! Thanks for your reply. I feel I need someone to communicate with on this!
Firstly, I have never sent a screenshot of anything in my life! But I'll try and work it out somehow!
Secondly, yes, I did turn the cockpit sounds up previously to this.
And third, I'm very much In range of the VOR, and the needle on the OBI is deflecting (which I rotate to " TO" to get the bearing to fly)
Sorry, I'm at a loss..but hey I can still fly the thing!
Thanks
David

wizza952
Airman

Post by wizza952 »

Hi Nick!! Ive done it!!!!
And it was so simple!.
I had my speakers set to the default speakers, instead of the "Realtek" speakers that I have on my system. :oops:
Because all the other sounds where there, i just didnt think about switching them over....when I did the morse code idents sprung into action!!!!!
Thank you for replying to my posts....GREATLY appreciated. :D
David.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello David,

Thanks for the update - great to hear you've sorted the issue. :)

Best regards,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”