P3D v4 (Instant Replay) and instruments

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
rahoward144
Airman

P3D v4 (Instant Replay) and instruments

Post by rahoward144 »

Hello,

I've looked around but can't seem to find anything about this issue, so I apologize if this has been addressed in the past.

Everything works fine during a normal flight, but when I run the Instant Replay after landing (I usually select about 180 seconds), the instrument gauges, flaps, brakes, etc., do not reflect what the airplane was doing at the time.

Is there something I can do to preserve those readings? I suspect that the level of customization is what prevents this from happening, but I figured it's worth asking to make sure I'm not missing something. If that's just the way things are, then that's fine... I'll take the awesomeness of your airplanes over the playback any day.

I love your products, thanks for all your hard work!

[edit: I meant to say Instant Replay, not Flight Analysis in the original post]

rahoward144
Airman

Re: P3D v4 (Instant Replay) and instruments

Post by rahoward144 »

... realizing I was using the wrong terms (should have used Instant Replay), I re-Googled and found the answer. They aren't very compatible, which is what I expected.

Is there a third-party program that would work with Accu-sim? I'm currently working on my IFR certificate and it would be useful to swap in and out of views to see where the airplane is in relation to my gauges.

At any rate, it's an amazingly accurate model (as is the Cherokee 180).

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Yes, I'm afraid that the instant replay function won't correctly display various instrument parameters. This is due to some of the custom code/variables being used, as you guessed.

I'm not sure if third party replay add-ons would help much here either, to be honest.

However, you might find something like the free Tiny Flight Tracker and Viewer program by Hervé Sors useful for post-flight analysis.

Thanks,
Nick

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I'm sure A2A wishes they could figure out how to this too as there are many that would be willing to pay for that option.

As of now you would have to record your flight with something like NVIDIA Shadowplay(note limitations https://filmora.wondershare.com/screen- ... wplay.html or other screen capture video recording software.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

rahoward144
Airman

Post by rahoward144 »

jeepinforfun wrote:I'm sure A2A wishes they could figure out how to this too as there are many that would be willing to pay for that option.

As of now you would have to record your flight with something like NVIDIA Shadowplay(note limitations https://filmora.wondershare.com/screen- ... wplay.html or other screen capture video recording software.
That's possible. I could simply cover the upper portion of the monitor with something as if I were wearing foggles, then it would all be there on playback.

Thanks for the suggestion. I may give that a try.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”