C172 installer not running on P3D V4.3

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
High_Flyer
Airman Basic

C172 installer not running on P3D V4.3

Post by High_Flyer »

Hello,

I have tried to install the 172 for P3D V4.3, however, when I run the .exe installer, it pops up with this message: "The Accu-Sim C172 Trainer can't be installed because a valid installation of Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 has not been found on your computer."

I can confirm that I am running version 4.3 of P3D on my computer, and I saved the installer to the same disk (my D:\ drive) as where P3D is installed.

There is no other messages that pop up other than that, and I do not have the option to browse where my P3D folder is located.

Note: I did purchase this product through JustFlight.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: C172 installer not running on P3D V4.3

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

first thing to check, are you using the P3D V4 version of the Accu-sim C172 Trainer?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello High_Flyer,

The message you're seeing indicates that the Prepar3D.exe can't be located in the location specified in the Windows registry.

If you've manually moved or renamed any of the P3D folders since installation, that would be one explanation for this.

Alternatively, you could try a 'repair' of your P3D installation via the Windows add/remove programs screen.

Thanks,
Nick

High_Flyer
Airman Basic

Post by High_Flyer »

Dear Lewis and Nick,

Thank you both for your replies!

Lewis - I am fairly positive that I am downloading the correct installer for P3D v4.

Nick - I think I may have moved root P3D the folder from the original install location. Do you know how I would update that in the Windows Registry?

Thanks! :D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

High_Flyer wrote:Nick - I think I may have moved root P3D the folder from the original install location. Do you know how I would update that in the Windows Registry?
Okay, that would explain it. Generally speaking, manually moving or renaming any directories for installed software is a bad idea as it will cause Windows registry entries to be become broken.

In this case, if you're comfortable with editing registry keys using the "regedit" command, you should be able to resolve the issue by editing the following key so that it reflects your changed P3D folder location:
  • HKEY\LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SetupPath
However, a safer bet would be to reinstall Prepar3D to the preferred location correctly.

Thanks,
Nick

High_Flyer
Airman Basic

Post by High_Flyer »

Dear NIck,

Thank you for the registry path. I updated it to where my P3D folder is located, and the installer ran perfectly.

Thanks for all of the support. I'll be more conscientious next time I move a folder of a program.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome High_Flyer, thanks for the update.

When you get a few moments, it might be worth searching the registry for other references to "Prepar3D" and changing the other incorrect references to the install path. This should help to prevent issues for future updates or uninstallation of Prepar3D.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Just wanted to jump in as its worth noting that moving programs is never a good thing to do, unless explicitly stated, you will always want to install and uninstall for frustration free running on your home computer.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”