Flight1 GNS430 with C172 on Prepar3d ...

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Wieland
Airman Basic

Flight1 GNS430 with C172 on Prepar3d ...

Post by Wieland »

Hoping I am posting this in the correct spot ...

Hi guys ... ummm ... first post here so a bit nervous. Love your C172 btw! I fly a 172 with a GNS430 in it and am currently doing my IFR, so I thought I would try and install one in my sim to practice. Downloaded the Flight1 430/530 combo the other day. Wow this is more difficult than anything I have done in the real world lol. Using P3D (the latest version I think 4.3) and have been searching the internet to see how others have been able to make this work. I tried the usual stuff but no luck (ie. mods to the panel files etc). So here is where I am at.

Uninstalled and deleted my A2A C172 files so I can do a fresh instal.

Filled out the form to transfer my purchases to the new store (will wait for that to happen)

I was looking for the "new" installer package to download the C172 Professional version again but can only find the old one from the old store ... which had shown I only had 2 downloads left ... I did download the application zip file again but it is dated June 8 2017 and I don't think it is the V18.4.22 that I am looking for which at the beginning of this thread has support for the Flight1 GNS430 I want to use. Will this new download link show up in my account at the new store when my purchases have been transferred?

Should I uninstall and reinstall my Flight1 GNS stuff?

If I am doing something wrong ... please give me baby steps ... it seems I am in way way over my head.

Thank you kindly ...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Flight1 GNS430 with C172 on Prepar3d ...

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi and welcome to the forums. :)
Wieland wrote:Filled out the form to transfer my purchases to the new store (will wait for that to happen)

I was looking for the "new" installer package to download the C172 Professional version again but can only find the old one from the old store ... which had shown I only had 2 downloads left ... I did download the application zip file again but it is dated June 8 2017 and I don't think it is the V18.4.22 that I am looking for which at the beginning of this thread has support for the Flight1 GNS430 I want to use. Will this new download link show up in my account at the new store when my purchases have been transferred?
Don't think you're doing anything wrong. Sound like you may just need need to wait a little bit longer for your purchase(s) to be transferred to the new store. This shouldn't take too long, but it's a manual rather than an automatic process so doesn't happen instantly.

Thanks,
Nick

Wieland
Airman Basic

Post by Wieland »

Yes sir ... indeed I was able to download the C172 again from the new downloader / store after my purchases were moved over. I also see where in the Aircraft Configurator that I am able to select the GNS430 or 530 for Flight1 which I was not able to do before ... however while the physical GPS system still shows up in the VC there is no functionality and the unit simply will not turn on nor will the buttons depress // knobs turn etc etc. I am going to try and reinstall the Flight1 GNS and then test again to see if there is any more progress ...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay - please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,
Nick

Wieland
Airman Basic

Post by Wieland »

Thanks Nick ...

Oh reloaded the Flight 1 ... the latest version of Flight 1 (or at least my version) is 2.03

Same issue ... no functions using Prepar3D version 4.3.29.25520

So ... there is a pop up box when I start P3D that says that I am using an "unsupported" version of Prepar3D still and that the Flight1 GNS is for an older version of Prepar3D?? I am wondering if somehow maybe I don't have the latest version of Flight1 for the GNS 430/530?? How did you guys get it to work?

Thanks

Wieland

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Wieland,

To be honest, I don't own any of the Flight1 software personally, so can't be of much help with this. It may be worth posting in their own support forum for this issue though: https://www.simforums.com/forums/.

Thanks,
Nick

Wieland
Airman Basic

Post by Wieland »

Thanks Nick ... I am still a little confused see quote below from your post

The release of the new installer and updater system starts with products for the 64-bit Prepar3D v4. If you originally purchased from A2A's web store, please follow the advice here to register for the new store, where you'll be able to download brand new installers including the latest product updates. If you purchased from a third party retailer, the new installers should be available after a few days.

Before running the new installers, we strongly recommend that you uninstall all your existing A2A products for Prepar3D v4. After uninstalling, please remove the following 'A2A' folder (assuming a default installation):

Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\

We appreciate that a complete reinstallation of your A2A products may be a bit unwelcome, particularly if you've installed lots of add-on paint schemes. However, it's important that you take this step to benefit from future Accu-Sim updates. The good news is that there's no need to touch any of the files in "Documents\A2A". This means you won't lose the accumulated engine/airframe hours and 'state' of your existing Accu-Sim fleet.

To enable P3D to rebuild its "add-on.cfg" files, please run and exit P3D once before you install your products with the new installers. There's no need to restart your machine or run P3D between new installations.

Provided your flight sim PC has an active internet connection, the new installers will check for updates immediately after installation. If one is available, you'll get the option to download and install it. The new installers use a date based versioning system so that you can easily see from the "Add/Remove Apps" window which version is installed.

To check for updates after installation, new icons are available from the Windows Start Menu → "A2A Simulations" group. We'll also continue to notify our customers via forum announcements whenever new updates are released. (If you're not able to connect your flight simulator PC to the internet, this document [LINK TO FOLLOW] provides information on how you can check your product is up to date.)

The current change log for the new Prepar3D v4 installers is as follows:

Cessna 172 (v18.4.22.0)
- Support for Flight1 GNS 430/530 added.
- Support for RealityXP GNS 430/530 added.
- Transponder VFR frequency and COMM radio channel saving fixed.
- Increased max vertical speed in KAP 140 APP mode.
- Window misting restored.
- New icons for aircraft and input configurators.
- New ‘check for updates’ facility.

The "Support for Flight1 GNS 430/530 added" is the part that is confusing me. Seems someone has figured out how to get it to work or what might need to be done ... is there anyone else that I might be able to reach out too?

Thanks Wieland

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Wieland,

Yes, if you have a copy of the Flight1 GNS 430/530 installed which is compatible with v4 of Prepar3D, it can be integrated into the A2A 172 cockpit via the Aircraft Configurator that comes with the latest A2A installer.

However, it sounds like your problem is with the Flight1 software itself. Maybe you have an outdated version that's not supported in P3Dv4? I'm afraid I can't help much with this as I don't own any of the F1 GPS products myself, and as a non-customer I can't even view their support forum.

However, you should be able to access their forum so I recommend you contact them directly for support.

Thanks,
Nick

Wieland
Airman Basic

Post by Wieland »

UPDATE: I did speak to Flight1 and they have their development team working to catch up to the 4.3 udpate for Prepar3D (for their GNS 430/530) and should not be too much longer. I heard something about a beta work around but I think that I will wait for the update. Thank you again for all of your help.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Wieland. Thanks for the info - hope you're able to get the GNS back in action soon. :)

Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”