New installer and GTN750 panel .cfg files

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
simonflight
Airman First Class

New installer and GTN750 panel .cfg files

Post by simonflight »

Hi Guys,

I recently re installed the C172 but had an issue with the old installer in as much as it wouldn't install the input configurator. I tried uninstalling and re installing many times but couldn't get the input configurator to show up. (it has been there in the past)

So I thought I would try the new installer but now I have a different problem.

When I run the aircraft configurator to install the GTN750 I get an error message saying that the panel_f1_750.cfg doesn't exist. Checking the panel folder, the panel_f1_750.cfg file or the other panel .cfg files are not present.

Any ideas ?

Thanks and Regards
Simon

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: New installer and GTN750 panel .cfg files

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Simon,

When you uninstalled your old version of the 172 and installed with the new installer, did you do a clean install as described here?

The only immediate explanation I can offer is that you're installing to a location which doesn't have full file write privileges. Please can you let us know which directory you installed to? (i.e. What's the full path of the 'panel' folder you're checking?)

Thanks,
Nick

simonflight
Airman First Class

Post by simonflight »

Hi Nick,

I forgot to mention I'm running fsx steam addition and I have followed the recommended uninstall flow. All installs are with Administrator privelages.

The location of the panel folder i'm looking at is

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172\panel

and the location of the configurators are

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\A2A Simulations\Accu-Sim C172 Trainer

I'm beginning to think there could be something strange going on with my system anyway. To cut a long story short I saved the input configurator from the new installer, uninstalled, re installed with the old installer, updated and moved the input configurator to the correct location. Everything worked with the input configurator and the installation of the GTN750.

Uninstalled the C172 and re installed with the new installer. Located the aircraft configurator and set it up for the GTN750. All looked ok.

Ran FSX and loaded the C172. No GTN750 options were available. Ran the aircraft configurator again and this time it can't find the file to run and the location is empty.

I know its all a bit complex and difficult to picture whats happening so I'm mentally preparing myself for another complete reinstall of FSX or even Windows.

Thanks and Regards
Simon

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Simon,

Aha! If you're using the FSX version of the installer, there's no new installer at this time as mentioned here.

Instead, it sounds like you've run the original installer for FSX. This didn't include the extra third-party GPS options which is why your saved version of the Aircraft Configurator won't work.

However, a FSX/Windows reinstall shouldn't be necessary. Instead, the next step for you will be to delete the "update_fsx" folder if it exists:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\A2A\Cessna172\Update_fsx

And then restart your system and run the latest Accu-Sim update available here.

Thanks,
Nick

simonflight
Airman First Class

Post by simonflight »

Hi Nick,

That makes sense. I did note in your reply that you mentioned p3d but checked when the installer ran that it said fsx so thought it would still be okay

I still have the issue then with the input configurator but I have got over that by using a copied version of the input configurator that the latest installer made.

So for the moment I'm up and running again

Thanks very much for your help

Best Regards
Simon

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for update Simon - glad to hear you're back in business. New and updated installers for FSX are on the agenda too in the not too distant future.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”