Lagging Control Response in C172

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
LZScout
Airman

Lagging Control Response in C172

Post by LZScout »

I recently reinstalled the A2A C172 using the original internet download link from my original purchase for P3D v4. I am experiencing a noticeable time lag between my control inputs and the visual movement of the control surfaces. Since I'm trying to install during the time that A2A is switching from the old to new account system, I am unable to download any update i might be missing. Could this be a reason? My Saitek yoke, throttle, and rudder pedals all show this behavior. All are assigned through FSUIPC v5xx. I've not noticed this behavior in the default A36 or the Alabeo c404 i also have installed. Has anyone else experienced these control lags?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Lagging Control Response in C172

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,
LZScout wrote:Since I'm trying to install during the time that A2A is switching from the old to new account system, I am unable to download any update i might be missing. Could this be a reason? My Saitek yoke, throttle, and rudder pedals all show this behavior. All are assigned through FSUIPC v5xx.
No - there have been no reports of this type of behaviour that I can recall, and no relevant updates to the P3Dv4 version of the 172. My hunch would be that it's related to your installation of FSUIPC, particularly if you also have Saitek software installed too.

If you try temporarily disabling FSUIPC and assigning the axes through P3D itself, you should be able to test if this is the case.

Thanks,
Nick

LZScout
Airman

Post by LZScout »

I discovered the problem. My Razer Tartarus Button controller had some conflicting key assignments I was using to control views in ChasePlane. I discovered they were causing problems with the aircraft. I noticed not only control problems but the engine was smoking a lot! They also didn’t start immediately but after taxiing, and changing views with the Raser. I had recently done a complete software reinstall of the PC and had not wanted to delete any of the default keyboard assignments in P3D. Some of these key assignments may have been set in P3D to cause equipment failures in the c172. The Raser Tartarus has the ability to be assigned Joystick Buttons, so I went that route. It cured the issue.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for reporting back with the source of the problem LZScout.

Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”