GTN Configurator Missing.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MailManPilot
Airman Basic

GTN Configurator Missing.

Post by MailManPilot »

Hi.
Ive recently downloaded P3d v4.2 on a clean-reformatted hard drive with no problems.

Ive downloaded and installed A2A 172C along with the 182C, allowed the program to install into the files the installtion had said. Ran P3D and everything worked fine, so decided to install Flight1 Complete, again no problems until I tried to put the GTN into the C172 and there was configuator showing but was showing for the C182, and used the right click to show file location for the
C182-C:\\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\A2ASimulations\Accu-Sim C182
with 3 files:
A2A Manual
182 Aircraft Configurator_P3D
C182 Input Config

using the same process i followed the C172 file location C:\\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\A2ASimulations\Accu-Sim C172 BUT only 2 files where present
A2A Pilots manual
C172 Input Coniguarator
No Aircraft Configurator.

As i had allowed A2A to execute the files where it advised, i went back to P3Dv4 Add-ons, and found an A2A file which i opened, which had 7 folders,A2A Effects, Fonts, etc, so opened the top A2A file which held Cessna 172 folder, and inside was a folder called tools with the A2A Aircraft Config file.

Both 172 and 182 were both installed exactly the same way, so not sure whats going on here.

I cant post pics as they are all over the specified size and my IT tech isnt too good.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: GTN Configurator Missing.

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi MailManPilot - welcome to the A2A forums. :)

Unfortunately there was an issue with the old installers whereby the Start Menu shortcut for the C172 Aircraft Configurator was missing. However, it's still possible to launch the Configurator itself by browsing to its location in:

Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\Cessna172\Tools\C172 Aircraft Configurator.exe.

However, we've recently released brand new installers for the P3D v4 product line. Please see this topic for more info.

If you purchased from the A2A store, you'll be able to fill in the form provided at the link above to have your account moved to the new A2A store and get access to the new installers. If you purchased from a third-party vendor, the new installers should be available from them in the near future.

Thanks,
Nick

MailManPilot
Airman Basic

Post by MailManPilot »

Hi Nick.

Thank you for the welcome, and also taking the time to answer my post.

I have to be honest I lost count how many times I installed then uninstalled, cursed and wondered why it was working as it had in the past :D

I bought the C172 from The Flight Sim Store, but as it’s all working now I’ll leave it alone until I take a flight (once the decorating is done!)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome MMP - please drop us a line if you have any further issues and keep half an eye on the forums here for news on when the installers are distributed to third-party retailers.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”