aileron control unflyable

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
akmatov
Airman First Class

aileron control unflyable

Post by akmatov »

Just rebuilding and just tried to fly the A2A c172 and it is impossible. The aileron choices are full left or full right and impossible to operate centered. When on the runway, I throttle up, release the brake and the aircraft immediately pivots 45*+ to the left and refused to go anywhere else. Barely managed to stagger into the air and aileron control insane. Full right or full left with only the briefest passage through the center enroute to falling over. I have checked calibration and all is OK. Other aircraft from other developers are fine. Please advise as I have a stable of A2A products and a wishlist.

Win10
FSXSE
+latest A2A update

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: aileron control unflyable

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi akmatov,

Please can you let us know what your default startup flight is in FSX. For instance, have you modified it from the original one?

Also, if you can give us a little bit of info about your hardware it'll be easier to make suggestions.

Finally, any other add-ons in use which may be relevant such as FSUIPC4?

Thanks,
Nick

akmatov
Airman First Class

Post by akmatov »

I've been off the net for a bit, but back now.

In preparing a proper response to your request for information I did a full cleaning of the computer and did a reboot. Playing FSX with no other active programs and a fresh reboot, I'm astonished to find your C172 to be completely flyable. Lighter on the controls with a tendency to be over sensitive, for me, but when properly leveled maintains level flight with only minor and occasional adjustments, as it should.

My prior experience was totally to the contrary. Watching the Turn Coordinator, the aircraft bounced between between full left and full right only level momentarily between the extremes.

I'm pleased to report that the A2A c172 is working just fine. My current theory is that it needs to be run after a fresh reboot so as to avoid something that causes a problem. Interesting that this same problem existed with my old Win7 OS as well as my current Win10 OS. Whatever is trashing the A2A ailerons doesn't affect any other aircraft I've flown. Currently successfully flying the A2A c172 with REX SkyForce 3D and on a side monitor Milvix-REX WX Advantage Radar and F1 GTN 750. Very pleased and next will be to load up my A2A Cherokee and Comanche, hoping all will be equally well.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay - that's good news, thanks for the update akmatov.

It shouldn't generally be necessary to perform a reboot before each flight. However, it's certainly recommended that a simple default aircraft is used for the default flight, and that you don't reload flights within FSX to an excessive degree.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”