Non-functioning C172 Aircraft

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
dga
Airman Basic

Non-functioning C172 Aircraft

Post by dga »

Hello Lewis,

Thank you for your reply on the "Disappointed" thread topic. I guess I ruffled a few feathers on the forum. :?

As per your request, here are the specs on my computer:

ASUS H87M-E LGA 1150
IntelCore i7-4790K Quad-Core 4.0 GHz
Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600
GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit
PCI Express 3.0 Video Card
Dell S2716DG nVidia G-SYNC
Window 10 Pro 64-bit

Platform:
Prepar3D Ver. 3.1 Professional

To make the evaluation fair, I tested several of the other non-standard aircraft that I have purchased to make sure all controls and functions work properly. All aircraft from other vendors worked as designed.

I believed that I had stated the issues in the last message. As mentioned, there was absolutely no sound, and flight controls didn't function at all. Once again, no visible movement was shown in graphics. The cockpit lights will come on, switches will turn on and off, and throttle and mixture will move in and out, but only with the use of the mouse, and although these components move, they will not activate any equipment on board the aircraft. In other words, if I throw a switch, nothing is activated. My PHYSICAL flight controls, i.e. stick and rudder, will not activate anything in the cockpit. All other aircraft that I have tested work fine with my controls. I thus have to use the mouse to make anything work.

And yes, I did due my "due diligence" at the Maintenance Hangar. This is the report that I received when I opened up the hangar:

Airframe: Cessna 172R 0.0 hours
Report:
General Condition: inspect engine prop destroyed

Notes:
Our battery appears to be shot!
Both brakes are shot!
Both left and right landing gear need a major rebuild!
Both main tires are shot!
Replace nose wheel!
We have some bad oil leaks…

I did attempt to fix each item according to the pilot's handbook, with no success. I went so far as to press the "complete overhaul" button on the bottom right-hand part of the notepad, to no avail.

So you can see why in my frustration, I mentioned the fact that if this were a real aircraft, the insurance company would probably total it out. Sorry if people misunderstood my intentions.

I expected to open this package up much like you would open any purchased software package, such as Microsoft Excel, and start using it. When I saw the Maintenance Hanger report, it was if I had bought a worn-out aircraft, and I certainly wasn't able to immediately use the aircraft.

I hope this sufficiently explains my issues with this product.

Thanks once again for your response.

P.S. This is the second A2A aircraft that I have had, and I had similar issues with my P51, and just wrote it off as a loss.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Non-functioning C172 Aircraft

Post by Oracle427 »

Go ahead and install simconnect as per the FAQ tech support thread. Simconnect is a required component for A2A and several other add ons.

Also be sure to download and apply the update from the topic above.

FAQ: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=35640

UPDATE: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=57819
Last edited by Oracle427 on 05 May 2018, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Good to see you have chosen the road to the help you need.
The people who are engaging you now are the right people to get you all squared away.

Dudley Henriques

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello dga,

Yes, as Oracle427 says, the first two steps for you to take here are to reinstall the legacy FSX-SP2-XPACK SimConnect client and install the latest Accu-Sim update.

SimConnect is software which allows A2A aircraft to communicate with the host sim. Complex add-ons tend to use this feature to enable functionality which goes beyond that offered by FSX/P3D itself. This is probably why your other aircraft add-ons that don't use SimConnect are working as expected on your PC.

The image below shows in a bit more detail what you should be doing to install SimConnect...

One other thing which you can do to minimise the likelihood of problems linked to the SimConnect client, is load a simple/default aircraft first, before you switch to your A2A add-on. This is particularly the case if you're using other add-on software such as complex animated scenery or camera add-ons which also uses SimConnect.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello dga,

no worries. It does sound like we where right though and its a simple missing simconnect as others have mentioned that is preventing the program from running. Do what Nick and Oracle mentioned, restart your PC and then you should pretty much be good to go. If your P-51 suffered the same it will fix that too as the software requires the simconnect.

Oh and lastly make sure you are running the latest Accu-sim updater to get all the fixes and additional free upgrades that the software has had since release;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=57819

Any further issues, let us know. Don't ever write any of the software off, we have the forum here and are happy to help you get up and flying. Just ask.

Hope this fixes your issue and you are up and flying before the weekend is out.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dga
Airman Basic

Post by dga »

Oracle, Lewis, Dudley & Nick,
I did reinstall the Simconnect with great success. I have a little over 5 hours of trouble free fights,
with a few fouled plugs on the way. :wink:

Let me apoligize for my frustrated communication of last week. You are all fine people and I do appreciate your help.

Thank you for your support!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello dga,

It's great to hear that and thank you for letting us know. Welcome to the A2A community and if you have any more problems, please just drop us a line here on the forums. :wink:

All the best,
Nick

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

dga wrote:Oracle, Lewis, Dudley & Nick,
I did reinstall the Simconnect with great success. I have a little over 5 hours of trouble free fights,

Let me apologize for my frustrated communication of last week. You are all fine people and I do appreciate your help.

That's great, and wishing you many good flights in your Mustang.

On those plugs; The 51 in real life likes power. We gave a lot of attention to things like that when we built the flight model. Plan your approaches using medium manifold pressure settings to avoid fouling the plugs. In the real Mustang I seldom went below 22 inches during my approaches to keep the prop from driving the engine. Helped keep the plugs clean as well. Keep it in tight and circling is best. If I can help in any way concerning flying the 51 just ping me here on the forums.
Have fun!
Dudley Henriques

dga
Airman Basic

Post by dga »

Dudley, Nick and all,

Thanks once again for all your support.

Dudley, I may take you up on your offer to help with the Mustang. Still having a bit of issues, but that can wait until I put a few more hours on the Skyhawk.

Exceptional aircraft, as you had expressed!

Thanks to all

Don

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

dga wrote:Dudley, Nick and all,

Thanks once again for all your support.

Dudley, I may take you up on your offer to help with the Mustang. Still having a bit of issues, but that can wait until I put a few more hours on the Skyhawk.

Exceptional aircraft, as you had expressed!

Thanks to all

Don
Yes, the 172 has a place in the instruction community for sure. Even without FAA certification a good CFI can use it with a student to help teach systems and procedures. The only caveat I recommend to CFI's is that it not be used before solo due to the conflict between the sim and the real aircraft's dynamic pressure on actual controls. During the pre-solo period it is critical that the student become familiar with the changing dynamic pressure on controls due to airspeed changes. The sim can confuse a student and actually hinder their progress as that relates to understanding the changing control pressures experienced during actual flight.
This is especially important during the stall phase where the "feel" of the aircraft approaching stall is so important.
After solo, the student should be able to differentiate the lack of pressure on the sim controller and simply discount that as unimportant and unrelated to actual flying.
Hope you find our 172 as useful as I have as a teaching aid.
Dudley Henriques

dga
Airman Basic

Post by dga »

Dudley,
Well stated, I concur completely,
Thanks so much for your valuable input.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

dga wrote:Dudley,
Well stated, I concur completely,
Thanks so much for your valuable input.
My pleasure; anytime !

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Glad to hear it was easily solved. Enjoy!
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

dga wrote:Oracle, Lewis, Dudley & Nick,

Let me apoligize for my frustrated communication of last week. You are all fine people and I do appreciate your help.

No worries, we have a new website/webstore and all new installers coming that will help new users a little more too, as they run the update at the point of installation.

happy flying in the virtual skies

cheers,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”