No Engine Sounds in Virtual Cockpit SOLVED!!

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Leadcatcher
Airman First Class

No Engine Sounds in Virtual Cockpit SOLVED!!

Post by Leadcatcher »

Just wanted to pass along a solution I found for the lack of engine sounds in the Virtual Cockpit of the Cessna 172. I upgraded to the latest version of P3D v4 recently and when I attempted a flight - ran into the lack of engine sounds while in the VC. Several threads can be found with this problem and all seemed to be able to resolve it following the instructions of making sure you had the correct default sound device in your windows configuration, have sim connect, etc.. but trying all the solutions failed miserably on my rig. I found the solution to my particular problem in my Steam VR settings for my HTC Vive. In those setting you can choose to have Steam VR switch the default Windows sound device when Steam VR is running and even though I am not flying P3D in VR, Steam VR is launching when P3D V4.2 launches. What made this a bit of a bear to troubleshoot was upon exiting Steam VR was configured to return the default device back to the previous value thus throwing me off the scent to find the problem. Modifying those settings not to change the default sound device upon launch now has me flying in my 172 with all the glorious engine sounds in the VC and so all is right with the world once again.

I just wanted to pass this little tidbit along in case anyone else was experiencing this problem and all the standard suggestions to resolve aren't working.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: No Engine Sounds in Virtual Cockpit SOLVED!!

Post by Oracle427 »

This should be added to the FAQ sticky topics!
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: No Engine Sounds in Virtual Cockpit SOLVED!!

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good catch Leadcatcher and yes Oracle i'll add it to FAQ's for VR users.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”