C172 CTD

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Ridgeskimmer
Airman Basic

C172 CTD

Post by Ridgeskimmer »

Hello, I hope someone can help me. I recently bought and installed the C172 and have been flying it no bother. I have had to do a complete re install of P3D V4. That is all in fine and my scenery loaded and all working great. My P3D aircraft all load and fly fine. All good so far. So i have just done a complete re down load and install of the C172. It initially loads, draws the panel but then about a second later P3D CTD. I deleted all traces of the A2A documents before re installation including the .dat file. It is not the default aircraft, i have tried to use it in a new scenario all of the suggestions that i have come across on the internet. I'm not even finding an error in FSUIPC logs or P3D error log file and can't find a CTD report in Windows event thing!!!!.....this is doing my head in now! All i want to do is fly the C172!....Can anybody help?
Thanks

Ridgeskimmer
Airman Basic

Re: C172 CTD

Post by Ridgeskimmer »

It's ok i've sorted this. Just carried on reloading other addons into my Sim doing the re build and it stopped crashing. All of these had nothing to do with the C172 but hey i guess something must have!

Ridgeskimmer
Airman Basic

Post by Ridgeskimmer »

Agh!!... I thought this was fixed but no!!...Just ran sim again and loaded Cessna and....crash!!! As did your other aircraft i have but none of my others.
Anyway iv'e sussed out the problem which may help others in the future. Last night using it i was in VR with my Oculus Rift. I had this set as my default sound device. I disconnected the Rift today and packed it away as i was taking it elsewhere. So when i switched sim on tonight the computer had no sound device selected and this is what causes the CTD!!...A2A aircraft crash if no sound device selected.
Hope this helps someone in the future as it was doing my head in!!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

good to hear you got it sorted and yes the sound device must be plugged in to be used.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”