C172 Elevator Trim Slow

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Dane SimAir
Airman

C172 Elevator Trim Slow

Post by Dane SimAir »

P3D v4.2 sim
C172 Accu-Sim

I am very disappointed at the elevator trim slowness in this classic aircraft from A2A. No other aircraft that I have react as slow as this. I have done a lot of research and I do not see any answers to this problem. Whether you are using the mouse wheel or my FSUIPC setting to my joystick it is the same.

Can anyone help with this problem?

Regards,
Dane

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: C172 Elevator Trim Slow

Post by Oracle427 »

The trim speed is accurate and responds just like the real aircraft. There isn't anything to "fix" if we want to be realistic. The only way one can get the trim to move faster is to manually move the trim wheel, just as one would do in the real thing.

That said, if you want some trim acceleration when holding down the trim, try mapping the trim control using the A2A Input Configurator utility that comes with the product.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Dane SimAir
Airman

Post by Dane SimAir »

Oracle427 wrote:The trim speed is accurate and responds just like the real aircraft. There isn't anything to "fix" if we want to be realistic. The only way one can get the trim to move faster is to manually move the trim wheel, just as one would do in the real thing.

That said, if you want some trim acceleration when holding down the trim, try mapping the trim control using the A2A Input Configurator utility that comes with the product.

Thank you for your reply and suggestion.

I actually have flown the 172 as a Private and Commercial Pilot many years ago, however it was not a 172R, I forget the model as it was a long time ago - the 172 I used to fly the trim was much quicker than this model, but that's OK as I am very happy with the performance.

Dane

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Dane,

Yeah, as Oracle says, I can recommend you use the "yoke trim up" and "yoke trim down" input via A2A's input configurator. This will give you a constant speed trim rate that closely matches the real life manual electric trim rate of the real aircraft. (i.e. without the slightly strange FSX "trim acceleration" feature.)

More advanced techniques can be used in FSUIPC to set the trim rate exactly to your liking. More info in this post.

Thanks,
Nick

Dane SimAir
Airman

Post by Dane SimAir »

Nick M wrote:Hi Dane,

Yeah, as Oracle says, I can recommend you use the "yoke trim up" and "yoke trim down" input via A2A's input configurator. This will give you a constant speed trim rate that closely matches the real life manual electric trim rate of the real aircraft. (i.e. without the slightly strange FSX "trim acceleration" feature.)

More advanced techniques can be used in FSUIPC to set the trim rate exactly to your liking. More info in this post.

Thanks,
Nick
Wow, thanks Nick. I will follow up on the FSUIPC link as well.

Dane

Dane SimAir
Airman

Post by Dane SimAir »

dane wrote:
Nick M wrote:Hi Dane,

Thanks,
Nick
Wow, thanks Nick. I will follow up on the FSUIPC link as well.

Dane
Just to let you know Nick, I setup my elevator trim speed by using your suggestion in FSUIPC with the Offset system.
Once again thank you.

Dane

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome Dane - glad you got it sorted. :)

Nick

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

So, uh :| , I've been flying this 172 for years now. I have real 172 time 8) , I have always noticed that trim rate doesn't appear realistic, but it worked just fine for all these years I had the A2A C172.

This thread made me realize the trim switch assignments are in the A2A C172 Configurator :mrgreen: . And now, The wheel moves exactly at the rate I remember it did. What a fantastic minute detail!

Thanks guys!

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”