Aircraft start to wobble while taxiing

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
navid
Airman

Aircraft start to wobble while taxiing

Post by navid »

I've got some problems while taxiing the c172. If i use rudder and brakes when i turn the aircraft starts to wobble left and right. Most of the times it starts to jump and bounce on the left and right gear back and forth. This won't stop until i stop the aircraft completely. I use FSX.Otherwise it behaves without trouble, flies great. But can this be som kind of a flight dynamics problem?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Aircraft start to wobble while taxiing

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Navid - does this happen at all airfields, or just at the one pictured?

One thing you could try is increasing the scenery mesh resolution in the FSX settings.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

just to check you are all updated with the latest Accu-sim Updater too?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

navid
Airman

Post by navid »

Nick M wrote:Hi Navid - does this happen at all airfields, or just at the one pictured?

One thing you could try is increasing the scenery mesh resolution in the FSX settings.

Thanks,
Nick
The mesh settings is already on max settings. How is the mesh related to it? I'm not sure if this occurs at all airports, but it happens on a asphalt runway, like in the pictures (snow covered). So it should be the same att all locations.
Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

just to check you are all updated with the latest Accu-sim Updater too?

thanks,
Lewis
Yes, i'm updated! :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you please try a default location the one in the shot looks like an add-on scenery?

thanks,
Lewis

navid
Airman

Post by navid »

can you please try a default location the one in the shot looks like an add-on scenery?

thanks,
Lewis
It is the same at a default airport. The scenery isn't a problem, created it myself, no other aircraft has this issue.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Something is a miss on your system as since its release in 2013 I cannot recall ever seeing this issue before. So lets track this down a bit more;

How are you loading the flight?
Have you edited any of the C172 files?
What other third party global type add-ons are you using that affect the entire sim, be it camera or scenery or anythingelse?
What is your control setup software and hardware?

thanks,
Lewis

navid
Airman

Post by navid »

Something is a miss on your system as since its release in 2013 I cannot recall ever seeing this issue before. So lets track this down a bit more;

How are you loading the flight?
Have you edited any of the C172 files?
What other third party global type add-ons are you using that affect the entire sim, be it camera or scenery or anythingelse?
What is your control setup software and hardware?

thanks,
Lewis
I been searched on google after similiar problem but can't find anything either. I'm loading the flight from a saved flight. No files besides the textures and viewpoint (aircraft.cfg) are edited. I'm using DBS walk and follow, but it's deactivated as i'm flying, i'm only using it when on ground to walk around the aircraft.

I'm using the Logitech 3d pro with FSX internal settings.

I will try to reinstall the aircraft. Is there any way to make the aircraft more stable on the ground? I find the PA28 mush more stable, but its a low wing aircraft so the center of gravity is lower. It feels like the center of gravity is to high or to much on the c172 as it wants to wobble more left and left and right as i turn, as it is a high wing a/c.

Can this be changed within the .air-file?

Regards,
Navid

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Navid.
What winds did you have and what speed was you taxiing at , as that shot gives the impression of the aircraft on brink of liftoff.
P.S. dont reinstall yet , it will prevent proper fault finding and could cause even more issues, reinstall is the last thing you should do.
regards alan. 8)

navid
Airman

Post by navid »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi Navid.
What winds did you have and what speed was you taxiing at , as that shot gives the impression of the aircraft on brink of liftoff.
P.S. dont reinstall yet , it will prevent proper fault finding and could cause even more issues, reinstall is the last thing you should do.
regards alan. 8)
Well, it wasn't really any wind, maby a couple of knots! This happens no matter taxi direction, so the wind isn't a factor in this case, but it's a good thought! Okay, i will hold the re-installation for a while.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Do not load from a saved flight. Always start from the main screen and select the aircraft you want to fly. Loading from a saved flight can introduce problems with add ons that use advanced simulation features.

The default flight in your sim should not be putting to a saved flight.

Also do not modify the files for the A2A aircraft as they do not use the stock simulation engine functions. The real planes do wobble around as they taxi. Taxiing is normally done at a fast walk, slow jogging pace. Any faster and it starts to get a little rough consider that the wings can lift the airplane at very slow airspeeds, so all the weight is not on the wheels like on a car.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes it could simply be a corrupt saved flight. For troubleshooting its best to always load in a default aircraft and then switch to the aircraft you are having issues with. Try not to use a saved flight due to the issues with these themselves.

Let us know what happens if its a brand new loaded flight.

thanks,
Lewis

navid
Airman

Post by navid »

So i've been doing some testing today. Strange enough, i couldn't get it to wobble. Tried different speeds, turn radius and so on. It swings a little as it should, but it didn't start to wobble like it use to. I tried to select the flight i usually select, i also tried to reselect the aircraft and even restart fsx. Still no wobble.

So, now i don't know what to do. I don't trust it never gonna start doing this again, the question is what triggers it...? Well se! :?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Dump the save flight and start a new one would be best. It sounds like a corrupt flight load, and this would be consistent with the error and why no one else has reported it.

thanks,
Lewis

navid
Airman

Post by navid »

Well, today i started a new flight all from scratch. When taxiing out for back track there was no problem. I flew for about 40 minutes, landed and as i was about to vaccate the runway it started to swing a little as i turned, but the swinging didn't stop when the turn was finish. It continued and increased. It finaly started to jump on left and right gear, in roll axis. I had to stamp on the brakes several times to make the swinging stop...

This is quite irritating as i really like to fly this plane. But i can't keep doing that if the taxiing gets messed up all the time, it kind of ruins the fun.

I've been digging some in the aircraft.cfg, changeing some numbers. Like the roll MOI. It helped a little but only slowed the the left/right wobble down, it is still there.

Questing, is it possible for me to make the aircraft more stable on the ground, just like the cherokee? By editing something in the .air file? Maby it has to do with the ground steering. As on the PA28, can i make the rudder directly connected to the nose gear somehow? I thought it might be worth a try.

Kind Regards,
Navid

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”