UK ADF Frequencies

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
phillmorgan86
Airman Basic

UK ADF Frequencies

Post by phillmorgan86 »

Hi

I've noticed a problem when flying using the ADF in the UK.

EGNM has an ADF which uses 402.5

I have flown a real C172 at EGNM and have tuned the ADF to 402 (without the decimal) and the ADF worked correctly as you would expect from a real C172.

When I do the same in the A2A 172, the ADF does not work.

I have tried the FSUIPC workaround, but that simply resets the frequency to approx 289 every seven seconds.

Given that this product is a "trainer", I would have expected all systems to be modelled correctly. Are there any plans to correct the functionality of the ADF to model the real work aircraft system correctly?

Many Thanks

Phill

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: UK ADF Frequencies

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Phill,

Because the real Bendix King KR 87 ADF doesn't support decimal frequency entry, this behaviour is reproduced in A2A's version. However, as you've noted, FSX and P3D are somewhat unrealistic in that frequencies have to be precisely tuned to the given frequency to pick up on a navaid. This is unfortunately a limitation of the sim platform itself. The solution in the A2A aircraft is to use the shift+6 'quick radios' 2-D pop-up panel to tune in the .5.

If you toggle between active and standby ADF frequencies any .5 setting will be retained (just not visible) so that would be a way to avoid having to use the shift+6 panel more than once per session. You just need to try and remember which of the two frequencies you've assigned the .5 to. :wink:

Unfortunately FSUIPC's "easy-tune" feature causes problems with A2A's custom ADF standby frequency as you've discovered.

Thanks,
Nick

mikequinn10
Airman

Post by mikequinn10 »

Have you checked the frequency in the fsx map against the frequency in the real world?
Ive had some issues flying the PMDG on real world frequency only to find i cant get an ils capture, set it to the one in FSX maps and it works fine
if some techy person knows how to put real world frequency into the FSX and wishes to share would be a great help

Are there any plans to upgrade the Coms radios to the new 8.33khz spacing which is gradually being introduced throughout the UK airspace?

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

mikequinn10 wrote:how to put real world frequency into the FSX and wishes to share would be a great help
http://aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

:)

-Esa

mikequinn10
Airman

Post by mikequinn10 »

Akar
many thanks that's a great help :)

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”