C172 and Piper PA28 nosewheel steering

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
wbrown
Airman Basic

C172 and Piper PA28 nosewheel steering

Post by wbrown »

I have both the C172 and the Piper P28-180. I recently upgraded P3D to version 4.1.7 from 4.0.23. Now with the two A2A airplanes the nosewheel steering is almost nonexistent, not effective at any ground speed. This used to work, and it still works on all the sims excepts the A2A. I can take off, fly, and land the airplane but I can't turn off the runway. Except for the nosewheel the rudder pedals seem to work OK. I have Saitek controls (X52 Pro). I tried calibrating the controls, setting the sensitivity, etc. I tried reinstalling the C172, and I did an uninstall and reinstall of P3D. I believe there is a compatibility problem with the new P3D version that A2A needs to address, or that Lockheed Martin needs to know about.

The next thing I am going to try is to revert to my previous version of P3D, unless someone can help me with a different solution.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C172 and Piper PA28 nosewheel steering

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello wbrown - this issue was addressed by A2A shortly after P3Dv4.1 was released. The latest Accu-Sim update can be downloaded from this pinned thread and should restore nosewheel steering.

Thanks,
Nick

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Did you run the latest A2A update as well as P3Dv4 to 4.1, the reason being LM modified the ground handling in 4.1 , this broke all the A2A aircraft ground handling , and A2A was quick to find and fix this problem with their latest update , if you had done a search of the forums , you would have seen the problem and fix required .
regards alan. 8)

wbrown
Airman Basic

Post by wbrown »

Thanks for the quick replies. I actually did a quick forum search for the issue, but somehow I missed it. I will download the fix.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Happy flying in the virtual 4.1 skies

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

EG 7
Airman

Post by EG 7 »

I just encountered the same thing jamming everything in my new pc. Thanks for the reminder!

Dave
WoP II: P51 Mustang Solo, WoP II: P40 Warhawk, Shockwave 3D Lights (FS9 & FSX), J 3 Cub (FSX & P3D), Accu-Feel Air, Land Sea (FSX & P3D), C172 Skyhawk, C182 Skylane, Cherokee, T-6 Texan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

EG 7 wrote:I just encountered the same thing jamming everything in my new PC. Thanks for the reminder!

Dave
Yes its often the little updates and what not that are easily forgotten on the rush to re-build. FSX Service Packs use to be the most common support issue that people would forgot to update.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”