RESOLVED - P3d v4 C172 Installation Folder - How to do

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
RMM
Airman First Class

RESOLVED - P3d v4 C172 Installation Folder - How to do

Post by RMM »

Hello..
I have done a fresh installation of P3D v4 after resetting my Windows 10 PC. Just prior to this major task, I was trying to resolve some problems and did a fresh install of the C172 Trainer.

I created a folder as follows: C:\A2A and then told the installer to use this location. The result was not as intended. I got several additional folders like A2AGauges etc also under the root C:\. I want everything under the C:\A2A folder.

Ready now to install a fresh installation of the C172 Trainer followed by the update patch.
How to do this correctly so that the C:\ root only has the one folder?

Maybe I should have used a longer path name like C:\A2A Simulations Would that be the way to go?

thanks
RMM
Last edited by RMM on 08 Jan 2018, 20:51, edited 2 times in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: C172 Installation Folder - How to do

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if sounds like you may have left a slash out of the installation directory when installing, also just to check you are installing the P3Dv4 installation package for the Accu-sim C172 Trainer. I'd recommend going deeper than one folder on the main drive though, esp if in the future you may use more than one addon folder for addons. Might I recommend P3Dv4 Addons - A2A

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

RMM
Airman First Class

Re: P3d v4 C172 Installation Folder - How to do

Post by RMM »

Hi Lewis..
You are too kind. Must be a challenge dealing with some of our (my) plain and obvious issues.
So.. for the record...

-1-
Yes, I knew that I had not used the proper download and had already obtained the file. But had not tried to install the P3d v4 version at the time of my inquiry. So I was unaware of the exact installation process. As you know the installation process is not the same and we are left to accept the default location for the addon files.

-2-
I had already studied your comprehensive post about moving the addon file to a different location BUT thought that I would be selecting an alternative location or drive at the time of installation.

In the end, as I only have the one aircraft, I decided to accept the odd path chosen and just go with that.

BTW..my FFB yoke and other devices are working very well. The A2A C172 is a terrific product and I hope to resume my real world training in the next few weeks.

Thanks again for your patience and great support.
RMM

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P3d v4 C172 Installation Folder - How to do

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie no worries glad to hear you are up and running

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”