Texture Resolution issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
irishlad200000
Airman

Texture Resolution issue

Post by irishlad200000 »

Hi guys

I have noticed if we set the A2A172 as the default plane in P3D v4.1 the texture resolution automatically lowers to high or medium from ultra on a beefy system. If we load in a normal freeware plane and change to the 172 within the sim there are no issues.

Are there any other work arounds? Or is that his a known problem.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stephan
Airman First Class

Re: Texture Resolution issue

Post by Stephan »

Hello,

I have the same issue when with the Comanche 250. If I load up the Comanche as the default aircraft then every time I open the graphics menu and click ok (even without changing anything), the texture resolution setting will go down one level, from ultra to high to medium etc...
I noticed this because at some point my textures wouldn’t even load at all since the setting ended up blank, even lower than the very low minimum selectable one. It took me a while to understand what happened.
I don’t seem to have the issue with any other aircraft loaded as default.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
B377 / B-17 / Spitfire / P-51 Civilian / Piper J-3 Cub / C172 / C182 / Cherokee / Comanche / Avro 504k / F4U Corsair / BF109

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

I never mess with the default flight, to me saving/loading and changing default states are just broken features of the fsx/p3d platforms where too much can get messed up (especially with addon aircraft) or not load correctly and you're done, looking for fixes in all the wrong places. Better be on the safe side.

Or maybe they are not broken but just not made to work with addons most of the time.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you should never be loading a complex simulation as a default flight due to load issues this can cause. Its always advised against.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Stephan
Airman First Class

Post by Stephan »

Ok I see. Could you please define complex simulation? Does that mean third party aircrafts or third party airports/orbx regions too?
B377 / B-17 / Spitfire / P-51 Civilian / Piper J-3 Cub / C172 / C182 / Cherokee / Comanche / Avro 504k / F4U Corsair / BF109

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Just third party complex aircraft. The sim engine does not initialize properly from saved scenarios and is especially plagued by initialization conflicts with various third party aircraft. It's a shame that the designers did not include a reset everything to default call that the third party devs could use to avoid this situation.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”