P3Dv4 Reinstall

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ggi
Airman

P3Dv4 Reinstall

Post by ggi »

Hi Everyone,
I've just reinstalled P3Dv4.1 and my first aircraft installed is the C172 (Academic v2.0). I've downloaded the P3Dv4 installer and run the update (10_12_17). I'm using Win 10 OS. P3D default aircraft all respond properly.
I seem to be missing parking brake control either manually by clicking or using my Thrustmaster. There is no toebrake control but the rudder works fine. Flaps don't respond either.
It looks like a simconnect issue? (maybe??) I see a Simconnect DLL file in my Documents (Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\Cessna172\Tools) Folder - do I need to do anything with that?
Its a bit frustrating as it all worked perfectly before.
Thanks for your help!!!
Rgds
Gary

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P3Dv4 Reinstall

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Gary,

If you suspect a SimConnect issue, the file to run is this one within your P3Dv4 directory structure:

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

You could try right clicking and selecting "repair" or just run the file in the normal way. No need to do anything with the DLL you mention. If this doesn't resolve the issue(s), please let us know.

Thanks,
Nick

ggi
Airman

Post by ggi »

I've run the simconnect msi but no luck.
I didn't add that I use the latest version of FSUIPC but the brakes don't function either through FSUIPC or using the P3Dv4.1 controls page setup or by clicking the VC parking brake hotspot or using CTRL and . either.
In the Shift-3 menu I can't apply chocks or tiedowns either.
ps. Thanks for the quick support response!
Gary

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Gary - other than the brakes and flaps, is the aircraft working as expected?

For troubleshooting, please can you try disabling FSUIPC temporarily (move the FSUIPC5.DLL file into a new folder) then retest using just the P3D control inputs?

Thanks,
Nick

ggi
Airman

Post by ggi »

Ive just reinstalled the C172 P3Dv4 download - still no brakes, parking or otherwise.
I removed FSUIPC but the problem remains. I have returned FSUIPC to the Modules folder, still no brakes.
It's strange I can't click the brake handle in the VC either. The hand appears but no actions are possible.
Other than that the C172 runs normally - the maintenance shop allows me to clear faults too.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info. What were the circumstances of the P3Dv4.1 reinstallation? Was it to address a problem or something, and did you perform a full / clean installation, or just the client component?

Nick

ggi
Airman

Post by ggi »

I'm going for a new full install of P3Dv4.1.
Fingers crossed!!
Thanks for your suggestions too!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sounds like a good plan! Let us know how you get on...

Cheers,
Nick

ggi
Airman

Post by ggi »

New P3Dv4.1 install cured it. Phew!!!!
I noticed the P3D content didn't automatically install. Had to add that manually even although I used the setup.exe to load it.
Thanks for the help and suggestions.
Regards
Gary

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Glad to hear it Gary - thanks for the update. :)

Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”