Cessna 172 Trainer Rudder issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
irishlad200000
Airman

Cessna 172 Trainer Rudder issue

Post by irishlad200000 »

Hi guys

I bought this to get some hands on before I take my first lesson. I’ve been flight simming for some time. The overall quality is what I’m looking however there is not enough sensitivity on my Saitek pro rudder pedals. Even with a fair amount of gas I have a very bad turn radius! I’m using p3d v 4.

I’m using a thrust master warthog system with a beefy I 7 6700k and EVGA GTX 1080.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Gary

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cessna 172 Trainer Rudder issue

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

do you mean on the ground? Are you running P3D4.1 and if so have you applied the latest Accu-sim updater to correct the turn issue introduced with the change of platform from v4 to v4.1?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

It is normal to use light pressure on the inside brake to make a tight turn in the 172. The steering linkage uses bungee cords and is not able to turn stop to stop by rudder pressure alone. Aircraft with fresh bungee cords tend to turn much better than aircraft with worn cords.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

irishlad200000
Airman

Post by irishlad200000 »

Hi guys! Problem sorted! The update is giving sufficient turn radius now! No more embarrassing grass incursions now!

I was using the v4.1 p3d.

I’m loving the detail in this plane with ORBX. There are so many great modifications that can be added or removed. Even managed a flight to Ronaldsway without plopping into the wet stuff, getting lost or damaging the airframe or engine! My aim is to get a ppl within 2 years and be able to eventually fly to the I O M for the TT races! Love the wind effects on the airframe!

Is there a detailed manual I can get some reading on? Looking to get into the real procedures and get some hours in!

Cheers for the very prompt support!!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Gary - welcome to the A2A community. :)

The main pilot's operating handbook for the 172 is available via a link in the Windows Start Menu/A2A Simulations folder.

You can also download manuals for the avionics and autopilot from links in this thread. They're for the real units, but A2A have simulated just about everything you'll find in them.

Regards,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”