A2A aircrafts spinning

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Rikito
Airman

A2A aircrafts spinning

Post by Rikito »

After I applied the last Accu Sim update 10.12.2017), all my A2A aircrafts are crazily spinning on the ground as soon as I push the throttle. I am only facing this problem with A2A aircrafts. I tried to disable the controllers; same....

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: A2A aircrafts spinning

Post by Nick - A2A »

The 10_12_2017 Accu-Sim update is specifically for P3D v4.1. As mentioned in a few topics here, if you've installed it, you'll need to update P3D to v4.1 standard.

Thanks,
Nick

Rikito
Airman

Post by Rikito »

Hi, Nick

Sorry, forgot to mention that I am running P3D v4.1.7.22841 and applied the Accu Sim update after

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the clarification. Is this a brand new update to P3Dv4.1? If so, have you performed a system restart?

It sounds like some aspect of the host platform isn't updated fully. Could you double-check the installed version numbers as shown here and here?

Thanks,
Nick

Rikito
Airman

Post by Rikito »

Good guess, Nick.

"Program and features" is showing version v4.1.7.22841. But the "About" of the software version 4.028.21686. It seems that something went wrong during P3D update installation. Should I therefore try to reinstall the P3D update ?

Thanks
Eric

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Rikito wrote:Should I therefore try to reinstall the P3D update ?
Yes please Eric, that would be my recommendation. The following advice on Avsim about updating Prepar3D may be helpful: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4951 ... nstallers/.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If you wish to just update the client, you can for 4.1 just be sure to first uninstall the existing client and restart yours system before installation of the new component.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Rikito
Airman

Post by Rikito »

Thanks, all.

I will do so. But for time being, I have to struggle with my current AV (Kaspersky) suddenly thinking that the P3D4v41.exe file is virused and blocking the reinstallation. I have been changing AV so often for such reason, proved later incorrect. Rather than a utitility, these AV are becoming more and more phobiac on viruses or malware everywhere, even from softwares created by hopefully reliable and safe companies

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sounds like you just need to add an exception to your AV, this is a requirement for computer use no matter which AV or anti-malware software you use.

thanks,
Lewis

Rikito
Airman

Post by Rikito »

Hi, all and thanks for your replies. I have another problem, but which probably does not concern you, though it coud explain my spinning issue. I uninstalled from Windows " Program and features" the P3D client 4.1.7.22841. Thought it had deleted all P3D client, but to my surprise, the P3D client 4.028.21686 is still there, without any removal possibility in "Program and features". I understand I will now need to contact P3D, but if anyone can assist before, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

do you mean the .exe is still present?

The client uninstall would still keep most the p3d installation, so the core content should still be present as all that's being uninstalled is the client. I'm sure asking over at Lockheed P3D forums would result in better answer regarding what is and isn't removed.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”