Flight! GTN 750 not showing in A2A C172 trainer in VC

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
simmyjiff
Airman

Flight! GTN 750 not showing in A2A C172 trainer in VC

Post by simmyjiff »

Hi, hope guys can help me. there are a couple of past post on this subject, but none have resolved my issue.
I'm running FSX-SE in windows 10 , recently reinstalled new FSX installation on new drive after using Win 7 for years. Bought the C172 a few years ago and recently reinstalled with the GTN 750.
I used the A2A 172 aircraft config tool to install the 750, also utilised the 'updater' but nothing in the VC, tried shift+3 but no option for 750.
I appreciate this is probably a duplicated post and I apologise, but would appreciate any help on offer....please let me know if you need any further info.
Thanks in anticipation.
Jim

Odd, just tried the A2A C182 and that's working fine?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Flight! GTN 750 not showing in A2A C172 trainer in VC

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jim,

Yeah, it seems a bit odd that the aircraft configurator is working in the 182 but not in the 172. Very occasionally A2A's customers seem to report that the aircraft configurator doesn't work for some reason and one thing you could try is right clicking its shortcut and selecting "run as administrator".

If this doesn't help, then no panic because the aircraft configurator program basically works by swapping round various versions of the panel.cfg file. You should be able to go to the "panel" directory for the 172 (e.g. F:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172\panel) and check for the presence of the "panel_F1_750.cfg" file?

Copying then manually renaming this file to just "panel.cfg" (after deleting the existing panel.cfg file) should do the aircraft configurator's job.

Cheers,
Nick

simmyjiff
Airman

Post by simmyjiff »

Hi Nick,
Thanks for your reply, tried right clicking the configurator file, but nothing happened.
Sorry, I'm a little nervous with changing file names, I've attached the panel file for your info, not sure which file needs is it the F1 files that need deleting? sorry to be such a 'Woos'
Thanks again,
JimImage

Nick, Not sure if this comment should be put elsewhere, but I can't turn the 750 on in the 182? I'v looked on the web and believe it might be something to do with turn the battery on, I've tried that but still won't turn on...
Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Jim,

It's not a bad idea to be cautious about modifying files like this. Here are the steps to take if you can't get the input configurator to work. I've omitted file extensions below as I see they're not shown in your image.

1. Rename the "panel" file to something like "original_panel".
2. Copy the "panel_F1_750" file and paste it in the same folder. Windows should call it "panel_F1_750 - copy".
3. Rename the new "panel_F1_750 - copy" file to just "panel".
4. Open FSX and load the C172 as usual. I believe the GTN 750 should appear as default, but if not, use the shift 3 menu.

Not too sure about your second question as I don't own the GTN 750 but have you made sure you've downloaded the latest update from Flight1? As well as checking the battery and avionics switches, you could also check the circuit breakers.

Thanks,
Nick

simmyjiff
Airman

Post by simmyjiff »

Thanks Nick, unfortunately still not working, have attached Screen prints of the new Panel Folder arrangement and contents of the panel.cfg file.
Thanks
ImageJim

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hmm, that's odd! :?

Do you mean the 172 cockpit still hows the default GPS, even with the new panel.cfg file in place?

Thanks,
Nick

simmyjiff
Airman

Post by simmyjiff »

Yeah, see attached Screen Print, Options are GPSMAP 295, the GNS 400 or No GPS, I can however open it in a Panel from Views?
Jim

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Jim - in that case, I wonder if there's a problem with the XML gauges in your installation of the 172. I think the best bet may be a clean install unless Lewis from A2A or anyone else has a better idea.

After uninstall, make sure you manually remove the following folders:

C:\FSX\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172
C:\FSX\steamapps\common\FSX\A2A

Then restart your PC, run the installer by right clicking then selecting "run as administrator" then download run the Accu-Sim update as admin too.

Thanks,
Nick

simmyjiff
Airman

Post by simmyjiff »

Hi Nick,
Had a thought after the last post of mine, my lad was using the program the other day and I found he had used the Flight1 configuration tool, had a look earlier, and yes they had been configured with their software? presumably a reinstall will be best, tried removing the setting but there doesn't seem to be a facility to de-configure? what do you think, maybe I'll go to F1 support forum, probably better to reinstall though. Sorry for misleading if that is the problem. :roll:
Jim

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, sounds like a reinstall is the best bet Jim: It should be pretty painless and you won't lose your accumulated engine hours. Just make sure to manually delete those two directories I mentioned before reinstalling and re-updating.

Let us know how it goes.
Nick

simmyjiff
Airman

Post by simmyjiff »

Surely will Nick, probably do it later, thanks
Jim

simmyjiff
Airman

Post by simmyjiff »

Hi Nick,
Well, reinstall just completed the 182 is fine all GPS choices available, the 172 however is still giving me problems, I now have no 172 Configurator in the TOOLS file? the input configurator is? I went to the Forum and Lewis refers to the updater at viewtopic.php?f=115&t=41279, but I can't find it anywhere? can you point me to it?
Thanks
Jim

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sure thing - here's a direct link to the latest updater: http://www.a2asimulations.com/downloads ... _12_17.zip.

Once you've downloaded and run it, you should get the aircraft configurator for the 172 as well.

Cheers,
Nick

simmyjiff
Airman

Post by simmyjiff »

Hi Nick,
Still only got the 295 and 400, even though the configurator is showing all i.e., 295, 400, 650, 750, gonna try again the the morning, sorry to bring you bad news!!!
Jim

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

This seems to be an odd one Jim! If the aircraft configurator works fine in the 182, I can't see why it doesn't in the 172. Let us know how you get on tomorrow.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”