C172 trainer erratic movements issue?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
kberg
Airman

C172 trainer erratic movements issue?

Post by kberg »

Hi All,

FSX/Steam / FSUIPC registered (setup for sole control / DELL 790 I5-8G RAM with 1GVRAM/ WIN10Pro / CH Products LE Yoke & Rudder Peddles / Saitek Throttle Quadrant.

Not sure what to make of the erratic movements my A2A 172 are making. (not present in my A2A Comanche 250, or FSX Stock C172). Upon take off it wants to yaw to the left, and I can not get it trimmed for straight flight. I also have trouble trimming for level flight it either. I change airplanes (stock 172) and I can trim it out OK. When I go back to the A2A 172 the problems reappear.

Sometimes when I am shooting approaches and the plane is in the air on a 3 mile final, when it comes out of pause the plane goes into a climb stalls, drops left wing, and then dives but I can not recover it. I have to pause and reset. It sometimes works ok when it comes back, but also sometimes goes into a climb or a dive.

I then load a stock 172 to complete my practice. By the way, can go on glide slope on center line (mostly) to the ground...not always but more and more :)

I have put it in the shop and says in "beautiful shape" or other terms, and nothing needs to be fixed.

I know that the A2A is much more challenging, and accurate flight dynamics, but I don't remember this behavior when I got my Pilot's license 38 years ago.

Any ideas what might be goin on, or (more likely) what I am doing wrong :oops:

Old Rusty Pilot, Kent.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C172 trainer erratic movements issue?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Kent,

The first thing to check is whether you've run a recent Accu-Sim update since installing the 172? A link to the Accu-Sim update can be found in this pinned thread. (The most recent update is P3D-specific, but you should still run it if you haven't updated the 172 at all.)

Thanks,
Nick

kberg
Airman

Post by kberg »

Thank you, Nick.

I had done the April update, but not this one. It said that my two planes (C172 and Piper 250 were up to date) but there must have been some Accu-Sim fixes that took care of problem, I think. Thanks again for your help.

Take care,

Kent.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Saved flights can introduce problems in the sim if you set the saved flight as the default flight.

The default flight for the sim should be the Trike at Friday Harbor which is the one that comes with FSX. This ensures that all variables are set to known good values. The FSX engine does not initialize nor save all variables using the saved flight data and as a result, unpredictable behaviors can be introduced.

If your default flight is not the Trike at Friday Harbor you can delete the default flight to force FSX to recreate the default flight. The files in question can be moved out of the "My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files" directory.

As long as the Trike at Friday Harbor remains the default flight for the simulator, you should then be able to pick a saved mission from the main screen and launch directly into the saved flight with better and more predictable results.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update Kent. Let us know if you have any more problems with the 172.

Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

As Oracle mentions it could have been the way you load the initial flight. But glad you have it sorted, just fire a post in here if it picks up again and you can try a different flight loading method.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”