C172 Trainer (FSX

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
LAG007
Airman Basic

C172 Trainer (FSX

Post by LAG007 »

Hi Guys

Hoping you can help, either my age is catching up with me or I have missed something, having digested (to a degree) the videos and the manual I am struggling to get going with this tutorial.

I cant find the pre flight inspection any where, I cant find how to move around the cockpit there are several things but may be I was expecting a step by step tutorial? I don't know but I added this to my hangers (lots of craft ) hopeing to be able to use this to assist me towards my ppl.? I have followed your recommendations and latest update for set up but still struggling.

Please help

Order Confirmation No: 123324

Regards..........LAG007

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: C172 Trainer (FSX

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you can move around the cockpit as you would any other aircraft. Are you familiar with the simulation platform itself?

Its advisable to get use to the platform itself before trying advanced simulations. If using FSX it comes with its own learning centre that can go over the basic operation of the sim.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

LAG007
Airman Basic

Post by LAG007 »

Yes I am familiar with sim been siming 20yrs however i still would like an answer to the rest of my question please ref preflight inspection as shown in your video

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi,

Page 92 of the manual begins the section on Handling, Service and Maintenance of your new Cessna 172. It isn't that long of a read and is well worth the time it takes to do so, just to become familiar with some of the features of the simulation. Sections of the chapter are in bold print, and if there is an actionable menu associated, the necessary key(s) to press are also bolded.

The walk around feature is detailed in this chapter, beginning on page 98. The walkaround is accessed by pressin Shift and 8 key together. This will move you outside to begin the walkaround and positions you for a good look at each relevant area of the aircraft. At the top of the page will be a top-down view of the aircraft depicting the path of the walkaround. At the lower right of this schematic are two arrows. When pressed, they move you onto the next section of the walkaround, or backwards to the previous section.

The Actions box at the bottom contains the items that should be inspected in each step of the inspection. For instance, clicking the box showing a tiedown will either apply the tie down or remove it. Or, if it shows an item that requires closer inspection, clicking the box will give you a detailed view of the item. Any items that appear to be broken can be repaired in the maintenace hanger which is accessed using shift+ 7.

Hope that helps answer your questions.

LAG007
Airman Basic

Post by LAG007 »

Thats great, many thanks for YOUR prompt reply and assistance. :D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

We would highly recommend reading through your manual for help in getting the basics sorted and how to use the simulation. As ever though all questions are welcome on the forums.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”