LVAR for KAP140 VS Numeric Setting?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
wazooda
Airman

LVAR for KAP140 VS Numeric Setting?

Post by wazooda »

I've been using Spad.Next to map the KAP140 to my Saitek Radio Panel (ADF selection as I don't use it) as well as my Saitek Quadrant Throttle switches.

I've got everything running perfect; including displaying the altitude arm setting in the left lower window.

I'd like to display the current VS setting (i.e. 100 f/s, 200 f/s etc.) in the right window but can't find the LVAR variable for it.

I tried the Vertical Speed LVAR, but that just shows my current VS and not the target number I have set in the KAP140.

Anyone know this one?

Thanks!

Paul

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: LVAR for KAP140 VS Numeric Setting?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Paul,

I haven't checked this one specifically, but it's possible a custom L:Var isn't required and that you could get the value required using the default 07F2 offset. However, I'd recommend that you set the target vertical speed to a known value (say 450 ft/min) then capture the local panel variables in FSUIPC then search the list for that value.

Cheers,
Nick

wazooda
Airman

Post by wazooda »

Nick M wrote:Hi Paul,

I haven't checked this one specifically, but it's possible a custom L:Var isn't required and that you could get the value required using the default 07F2 offset. However, I'd recommend that you set the target vertical speed to a known value (say 450 ft/min) then capture the local panel variables in FSUIPC then search the list for that value.

Cheers,
Nick
Never done that before but I'm up for the challenge.

Any links to point to that might give me some instruction on how-to?

Thanks!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Here's a good tutorial on logging L:vars by 'guenseli' who's actually one of the A2A beta testers. (The L:Var list published by A2A is only a small sample of what's available.) Actually, I've already logged a list of L:Vars from the 182 a while ago, which you can download here as well and check through if you wish.

See how you get on. As I say, the offset method may be what's needed here. I don't have any experience with Spad.NeXt so not sure how easy it is to read from/address offsets, but the basic offset documentation is provided in the "FSUIPC Documents" folder.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”