How to implement random failures for training

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
wazooda
Airman

How to implement random failures for training

Post by wazooda »

I've searched extensively but have not found a definitive answer to the question of whether it is possible for the A2A C172 + P3D v3.4 to cause random failures within some parameters.

I'm a RL C172 newly licensed pilot (coming up on 100 hours!) and would like to introduce an unrealistically high probability of system failures while I fly the sim to keep my troubleshooting and emergency procedures sharp.

For example, I often fly practice flights to new airports here in SoCal before I do it IRL (great with PilotEdge). I would love, if say, 1 out of 3 or 4 flights that something happens; comm failure, engine issue, even a fire. I like the idea of creating an atmosphere of paranoia which will keep me searching for problems when I fly for real plus constantly drill me on what to do.

Is it possible with the A2A C172 to do something like this?

Thanks!

Paul

alioth
Senior Airman

Re: How to implement random failures for training

Post by alioth »

Probably I will do something like this for my home cockpit comanche.

There are some ways to make it:
- Lua script trough fsuipc, where you can change lvars that generate failures. And random this failures in the time.

- To use Air Manager to program a basic instructor console, which can be run in a networked pc.
Air Manager can manage Lvars very easy. Yo make the console to your liking. Generate a failure when you want, or random it. whatever you imagine can be done.

The hard part in both cases is that you have to program and spend time looking for the correct Lvars, program, test...
But it can be done.

Arturo.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: How to implement random failures for training

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Yes it can be done. How? I don't know unfortunately.
I'm a member of the 91st Bombardment Group and they developed a system that will inject failures to the B-17G or cause damage from flak as we call it. A similar system could be used to do the same thing on the C172. Accu-Sim is already doing this, but not nearly often enough to use it in training situations, I guess today's GA aircraft are very reliable machine. Most of the failures Ihad on my Accu-Sim aircraft has been traceable to something caused by myself e.g hard landings in the B17 caused a stuck landing gear ect.
I'll ask the creator of the B-17 failures module if you may contact him.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”