CTD in v4 with Gyro-Drift enabled

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
nisse79
Airman Basic

CTD in v4 with Gyro-Drift enabled

Post by nisse79 »

Flying from Bakersfield KBFL to Mojave KMHV with the Cessna 172 in V4 I always encountered a CTD approaching Tehachapi KTSP. It was not possible to complete the flight in the A2A aircraft but it was no problem with default aircraft. I saw on the map that there is a isogonic line right behind KTSP so I gave it a try and disabled Gyro-Drift in Prepar3d. Now it was no problem to complete the flight, no more CTD. So I guess there is something broken with P3D and A2A aircraft with Gyro-Drift enabled.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: CTD in v4 with Gyro-Drift enabled

Post by some1 - A2A »

Hello,

were you flying on autopilot or manually?
Michael Krawczyk

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: CTD in v4 with Gyro-Drift enabled

Post by Nick - A2A »

nisse79 wrote: I saw on the map that there is a isogonic line right behind KTSP so I gave it a try and disabled Gyro-Drift in Prepar3d.
Not sure about the cause of the CTD. (I was under the impression that A2A don't use a custom gyro drift simulation, but I might be wrong.) However, I don't think the proximity of real-life isogonic lines or the simulated magnetic declination in general is likely to be relevant. The gyro isn't affected by the earth's magnetic field (that's the main point of fitting one: it's a non-magnetic compass! :) ) but instead its drift is caused by the earth's rotation if I understand these things correctly. (I gather small errors in the balancing of the gyro can also contribute to the drift, but I guess these can be discounted in the context of FSX/P3D.)

For what it's worth, I've always flown with gyro drift enabled, with no apparent side-effects.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”