Physics problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Kieron
Airman Basic

Physics problem

Post by Kieron »

I've encountered a physics problem with my 172 in V4. It was working fine, but now it takes off like a helicopter when power applied and everything is just all messed up. Tried reinstalling but to no avail.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Physics problem

Post by Nick - A2A »

Kieron - do you use FSUIPC for axis assignments by any chance? If so, the issue seems to be caused to the triggering of the spoiler axis or command in FSUIPC. See this thread for a bit more info on troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

a reinstall wouldnt fix anything and its worth noting should only ever be a last resort as it can cause more frustration than is needed during troubleshooting.

I would be guessing in this case you are an FSUIPC user and it sounds like you have some mis-mappings activating things in the sim causing strange behaviour. I believe the spoiler part of FSUIPC being activated is the normal cause.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Kieron
Airman Basic

Post by Kieron »

Thanks for the quick replies guys, I am an FSUIPC user so this could certainly be the issue, I will investigate this.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay - let us know if you have any difficulties resolving the problem. It should just be a case of removing the "Spoilers=-16384,16384/24" entry (or similar) from the "[JoystickCalibration]" section of the FSUIPC5.ini. If you have a hardware spoiler axis set in FSUIPC (I don't) presumably you just need to make sure it's always retracted. Alternatively, you could create a profile for the A2A 172 with the spoiler entry removed.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”