VOR 1and 2

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
lifendet
Airman

VOR 1and 2

Post by lifendet »

Is there anyway to increase the sensitivity for both? They lag when approaching a radial then completely go to full deflection. They go from not moving to moving ridiculously fast which always makes me over shoot. Also when using Autopilot with the heading bug it lags about 5 seconds behind after turning the obs to desired heading. Screws up my hold or dme arcs. Aircraft reacts really slow in Autopilot using the heading bug for turns.
ImageImageImageImage

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: VOR 1and 2

Post by AKar »

I think this is just the industry standard CDI for the VOR: 2°/'dot', 10° for full-scale deflection. Or did I misunderstand something?

Effectively what you describe is what happens when you capture the radial close to the station with a large angle.

-Esa

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

AKar wrote:Effectively what you describe is what happens when you capture the radial close to the station with a large angle.
Yes, sounds like that to me too. The CDI needles in the A2A GA fleet are perhaps the smoothest you'll find in terms of their animation: I believe they use some custom code to eliminate the jerky CDI movement we see by default in FSX/P3D (even with '3-D' gauges) if crossing a radial.

If FPS are very low, perhaps that could present a problem though. For instance, I think the autopilot simulation tends to need a frame rate of at least 20ish for best performance.

Thanks,
Nick

lifendet
Airman

Post by lifendet »

The closer you get to your radial the needle should start moving. This doesn't happen. It goes from still to full deflection. Like there was a delay. Even when I'm tracking loc inbound, if I'm a little to the left of loc and I try correct it doesn't move then once on the radial it deflects the other way.
ImageImageImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Have to say, I've never had any problems with the CDI or glideslope needles being unresponsive in various FSX and P3D installations. What sort of frame rate are you seeing in your host sim? And do you see this behaviour regardless of the distance to the navaid? (Say at 10 miles?)

Nick

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

lifendet wrote:The closer you get to your radial the needle should start moving. This doesn't happen. It goes from still to full deflection. Like there was a delay. Even when I'm tracking loc inbound, if I'm a little to the left of loc and I try correct it doesn't move then once on the radial it deflects the other way.
Can you give any specific example? With details of where this happens.

-Esa

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”