Help entire fleet is crippled

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Pivot
Airman

Help entire fleet is crippled

Post by Pivot »

:cry: Started having some issues getting my A2A fleet to start, as I have noticed others on the forum. Ctrl-E would work at that point, but good o'l me just had to be able to do it manually. Here's where the story begins;

1. ran the updater and pointed to my P3D V4 folder - didn't find any A2A A/C - I own the 172, 182, T6, 180 & 250
2. tried pointing it to Doc's\Addons - again, no joy
3. went another step to Doc's\Addons\A2A - found A/C's and updated (may want to note this with the new path changes now, i'm sure I'm not the only one hitting this issue)
4. fired up P3D V4 default scenario and loaded A2A 172 - no sound, no start even w/ Ctrl-E
5. opened Maintenance Hangar and found, everything was damaged - strange never had issues before nor have I crashed any of my planes
6. started checking all A2A's and every one now show totally trashed without the ability to overhaul - noticed others on forum with same outcome and saw the simconnect possible solution
7. ran every English simconnect in redist folder - rebooted each occasion - no joy
8. deleted P3d.cfg in user folder - still no joy

Only thing I have added recently was Orbx products - Global, Vector & Trees but have flown everything since, without issue. To say the least, now I am dazed and seriously confused. I feel simconnect is functioning since my Tir works. Default scenarios and aircraft function as normal. About to do the reinstall dance next and pray it works because quite frankly, if I can't fly my A2A fleet I might as well fly X-Plane. :(

Cross your fingers, I love my birds..
Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 2070 G7 * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * TrackIR 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Help entire fleet is crippled

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi John,

As I think Lewis explained to you in another topic, the current Accu-Sim updater doesn't support A2A's P3D.v4 products. It fact, I suspect you did more harm than good in forcing it to find and update the files in question.

Sounds like you're planning a clean reinstall of your A2A products anyway. This sounds like a good idea to me in light of the above; just don't run the Accu-Sim updater until A2A release a P3D.v4 compatible version.

Hope you manage to get it sorted... :)

Nick

Pivot
Airman

Post by Pivot »

Nick M wrote:Hi John,

As I think Lewis explained to you in another topic, the current Accu-Sim updater doesn't support A2A's P3D.v4 products. It fact, I suspect you did more harm than good in forcing it to find and update the files in question.

Sounds like you're planning a clean reinstall of your A2A products anyway. This sounds like a good idea to me in light of the above; just don't run the Accu-Sim updater until A2A release a P3D.v4 compatible version.

Hope you manage to get it sorted... :)

Nick
You are quite right Nick, the reinstall brought all back from the scrapyard. I did notice one other anomaly, none of the birds would un-install searching for the installog.txt. That made it interesting. But all is well now. Guess we can close this one out and call it Cranious Rectumitis.. Thank you for the reply too Nick.
Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 2070 G7 * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * TrackIR 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Glad you're back in business John - thanks for the update.

Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes the Accu-sim updater is only for FSX and P3Dv1-2-3 at this time, it is dated before the P3Dv4 release and noted to be only for the aforementioned platforms. This will of course change once we start releasing any updates for the P3Dv4 software.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”