C172 Aircraft Configurator "can't find sim path"...P3D V4

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Re: C172 Aircraft Configurator "can't find sim path"...P3D V

Post by mallcott »

BerBaas wrote:OK gang I think I'm in business. I did some poking around in the P3D Add-On tree and found an instance of both configurators. I shortcutted them onto the desktop and both open and seem to work as I would expect. I'm thinking the original desktop shortcuts were aimed at the c:user doc folder. Like I said previously I shipped the A2A files to E:\P3D add-ons folder and the originals could not find them.
One last question can I reinstall over the old install? Reason being the Programs ans Features were also aimed at the C:\Docs folder and thinks the 172 has already been uninstalled.
This is an indication of just how badly wrong your install is already going. Strongly suggest you stop before it gets any worse as you are heading for a reinstall anyway.

You cannot install over the old install, the sim will only offer you repair or uninstall. There are several manual steps to a `proper` uninstall and full details are to be found on the P3D forum, which really - REALLY - should be your first port of call before this gets any worse.

BerBaas
Airman

Post by BerBaas »

Even though your talking to a "If it ain't broken don't fix it" kind of guy, I'll humbly bow to the experience. Will be back to let you know how it went...B

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, it does sound like a start from scratch situation here, the install sounds totally porked that'd only cause a whole bunch of frustration as soon as you try to update anything as all the reg entries etc will be pointing at the wrong place and internally P3D will probably be throwing up errors all the time potentially causing sim instability for core errors like that.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

BerBaas wrote:Even though your talking to a "If it ain't broken don't fix it" kind of guy, I'll humbly bow to the experience. Will be back to let you know how it went...B
The Good Thing about P3D v4 is that once you understand HOW, the DOING is actually significantly easier and quicker than it was in FSX.

I have actually reinstalled from scratch including a hat full of addons in about 20 minutes and NEVER had to completely remove and reinstall P3D except for version upgrades when I wanted to save space. So it's not the onerous task it once was.

BerBaas
Airman

Post by BerBaas »

OK done. Now there's no "C172 Aircraft Configurator" or "input configurator" available for use. Just as well, they brought around the problems in the first place. Everything was done by the tutorials.

BerBaas
Airman

Post by BerBaas »

Found them. Life is good. Thanks Everyone...Berend

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”