Load into the simulator to find plane damaged.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
WORMSS
Airman Basic

Load into the simulator to find plane damaged.

Post by WORMSS »

I loaded up the simulator and was situated at EGBE - GA Ramp 1. But when I loaded, it seems there was already an aircraft in that spot and I had a collision warning and it restarted. I tell it to move me to Ramp 2, thankfully no plane was there.. But when I go into the hanger I find that the ENTIRE airplane is completely destroyed.

I am new to using a persistent damage plane, but is there a way to get it to ignore the so called "Crash".. because there was not really much I could do about that.. It's not like it could happen in real life, my plane materialising inside another and causing a crash.

Is there a way to tell it to ignore crash data if the game has loaded only 5 second earlier..

My plane now looks like this, and seems such a waste to have to restart.. I only have a few hours on the plane, but if this had been months, I would be even more annoyed.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Load into the simulator to find plane damaged.

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You will have to fix your aircraft up, but you might want to check into the loading into another plane issue as if its AI in single player the ism is designed for this not to happen, so not sure how you made it happen? :?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

WORMSS
Airman Basic

Post by WORMSS »

I just loaded up my Free Flight, "default"
This was setup the first time I loaded the game after I installed it on a fresh machine. I selected

Code: Select all

Plane: A2A Cessna C172R Skyhawk
Weather: Real-world weather (updates)
Current Time: - I didn't set this, as I have "Settings > General > Use system time for Free Flight" selected.
Save > and checked "Make this the default flight".
According to the Pilot Records > Log Book, this is the 9th time I have loaded the Cessna.
I know each time I load into the game, there are different aircraft in the other parking ramps.
But I wouldn't have expected to load on to a ramp where another plane already was.
But it's the fact that the plane was classed as completely destroyed because of it and I needed to do the complete overhaul.

I was looking forward to seeing things degrade over time and have to notice them by myself.

So if anything can be done to not receive damage within the first few seconds of loading the game so something like this doesn't happen again would make me much happier.

- Colin.

PS: Due to the "use system time for free flight" option, It means I usually fly at night while wife is in bed.. Your individual light levels for the dials/radio without having to turn on the flood lights or glare shield lights..
I LOVE IT..
It even made me be even sillier by turn all the lights off in the room and only turn my desk lamp on when the flood lights are on so I can't read my paper notes properly unless I turn the flood lights on in the aircraft..

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

You need to create a NEW flight, the old one is corrupt which is why you're sharing a parking space.

Load/create a new flight, change to the 172, open the maintenance hangar and fix the thing, then save that flight or create the same scenario as the old flight and then save it.

There is nothing wrong with the 172, and A2A does not place AI aircraft, so here is not where the problem lies.

WORMSS
Airman Basic

Post by WORMSS »

mallcott wrote:You need to create a NEW flight, the old one is corrupt which is why you're sharing a parking space.

Load/create a new flight, change to the 172, open the maintenance hangar and fix the thing, then save that flight or create the same scenario as the old flight and then save it.

There is nothing wrong with the 172, and A2A does not place AI aircraft, so here is not where the problem lies.
Not sure if you mean it intentionally, but that came over as being you trying to be rude to me for some reason. I am sorry if that is not how you meant it to sound.

How do you "load" or "create" a new flight if you have a default flight selected?
I have only ever used the default scenario way of doing things for years.

- Colin.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

WORMSS wrote:
mallcott wrote:You need to create a NEW flight, the old one is corrupt which is why you're sharing a parking space.

Not sure if you mean it intentionally, but that came over as being you trying to be rude to me for some reason. I am sorry if that is not how you meant it to sound.

How do you "load" or "create" a new flight if you have a default flight selected?
I have only ever used the default scenario way of doing things for years.

- Colin.
On train. Spotty net connection. Brevity. Good. Not rude.

You can go to the create flight menu and create a flight, even if you don't have the startup menu option checked in the sim. Just use the menu option to create a new flight and take it from there.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you can create a new flight and then save that as default. You should never use a complex simulation as a default flight due to initialisation issues on the first load that whilst can work fine for some can cause issues and frustration for others. For this reason we always recomend against it.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

WORMSS
Airman Basic

Post by WORMSS »

I do not have a "complex flight" as my default..

It is Coventry Air port.. Ramp 2... A2A Cessna 172.. Current weather. Current time and day.

That is it.. Those are the absolute minimums I can choose, I NEED to pick a plane, I need to pick a location. Need to pick weather, need to pick time..

That is how my "default" is saved.

I don't play around with fuel/payload or flight planer or failures.

And I am still unsure on how to make a "new flight".. because when I load Flight sim.. A2A is already selected. Airport is selected.. Weather is selected, Time is selected..
I can alter them, but that doesn't "create" a new flight.. just changes the plane from my default...

There is no "New Flight" button to reset everything..

What should I do other than select those 4 things (aircraft/location/weather/time) to make the save file less complex?

- Colin

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Choose a stock aircraft such as the F22. Do not launch directly into a complex add on aircraft such as the A2A 172. Once launched then switch to the A2A 172.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

WORMSS wrote:I do not have a "complex flight" as my default..

It is Coventry Air port.. Ramp 2... A2A Cessna 172.. Current weather. Current time and day.

That is it.. Those are the absolute minimums I can choose, I NEED to pick a plane, I need to pick a location. Need to pick weather, need to pick time..

That is how my "default" is saved.

I don't play around with fuel/payload or flight planer or failures.

And I am still unsure on how to make a "new flight".. because when I load Flight sim.. A2A is already selected. Airport is selected.. Weather is selected, Time is selected..
I can alter them, but that doesn't "create" a new flight.. just changes the plane from my default...

There is no "New Flight" button to reset everything..

What should I do other than select those 4 things (aircraft/location/weather/time) to make the save file less complex?

- Colin
In the sim, you do not `create` anything until the sim begins the loading process - what you are seeing are simply file instructions from your previous default flight which are then being selected and loading your flight incorrectly. If you are opening the sim to the Graphic User Interface (GUI) flight selection screen you have the opportunity to do exactly as advised, select a default aircraft at a default field - usually accepting the default F22 at whatever US field it starts at will suffice.

As explained previously, if you do load straight into the current saved flight then it's an option you must have selected as the default is exactly as I describe above, so surely you know what you did to change it? Unchange it!
You made the problem flight the default flight. Mistake 1. You then chose a complex aircraft at presumably an addon field. Mistake 2. You then for some unknown reason told the sim to load directly into that flight. Mistake 3. You now seem to not know how to change those simple parameters. Mistake 4.

In any case, comprehensive knowledge of the P3D button selection menu is not optional for any simmer not just one using complex aircraft addons, and I have to be honest it's not really something for us to discuss comprehensively in a tech support forum for a single aftermarket aircraft.
When we explain to use a default startup it is really an expectation that the simmer will know what that means and be able to comply.

Your sim includes a Learning Center which will assist in returning to the default scenario you changed. Or, while in the sim bring up the L-M menu with the a`alt` key and just stab at the options until you find the one you need starting from the left hand end - there most assuredly IS an End Flight button - it returns you to the GUI. Select the Choose Flight option on the bottom left and the very first thing to do is UNcheck this flight as the `default` flight.

This `hit and hope` method will get you out of the issue you have with this aircraft but is no substitute for understanding what those options are and what you are doing when you choose them. You need to choose or create a different startup to solve the problem, it has nothing to do with the persistent damage modelling of the A2A 172.

I'm guessing you're new to flight sims so I can give you a quick way to solve the problem by hand-modifying the Prepar3d .cfg file to resolve all this in seconds, without loading the sim - but you will understand I'm loathe to tell you to modify something unless you're confident in making such changes and can then change what you need in-sim to get you to where you need to be. You really need to be comfortable and familiar with the sims GUI to be able to get the best out of the packages and any addons you use with it.

If you would prefer to go down the `external change` route please show content of Prepar3d.cfg and we can tell you what you need to change.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”