ADF top row illegible

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ballistx
Airman

ADF top row illegible

Post by ballistx »

I have reinstalled Windows 10 and all subsequent programs, including FSX and the airplanes.

Now in the 172 the top row of digits in the ADF are just rectangles. The other functions display correctly. Just everything in the top row is nothing but a rectangle. The number of rectangles does seem to change with the settings but still remain just rectangles.

This was not the case before during several months of operation.

15 minutes later. OK WHAT GIVES? I spent a long time testing, trying everything, rebooting the computer, reinstalling the update, switching monitors. NOTHING HELPED. SO, I went on this forum and reported (see above). I then went back and opened FSX and accessed the 172. THE AUTOPILOT WORKS!!!!! Does merely threatening it on this forum correct the problems?

Has this ever been reported before?

I will monitor and if it shows up again will try and see if I can find out any other resolution other than using the resolution powers of this forum to correct the issue.

If I hadn't been involved in computers for 40+ years I would think it just hated me. :)

Back to flying

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Re: ADF top row illegible

Post by mallcott »

Sounds like a font issue.

You did restart the computer after all the faffing?

ballistx
Airman

Re: ADF top row illegible

Post by ballistx »

I restarted the computer during the process and that did not correct the issue. I accessed the 172 and it was messed up. I went to a different screen and submitted the message. Went back and opened FSX and accessed the 172 and it was correct.

As stated, all of the display worked except anything in the top row. letters and numbers.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”