Virtual Cockpit Panel Only View is black no panel in Cockpit

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
mikenj
Airman Basic

Virtual Cockpit Panel Only View is black no panel in Cockpit

Post by mikenj »

Hi I purchased the C172 addon for use with P3D v4. The only problem I have is when I select cockpit view I don't see the panel. I only see what's outside. Also, if I select panel only in Virtual Cockpit, it's black. I tried searching the documentation, watching the A2A videos to no avail.

You know how the FSX aircraft had the full panel view on the screen? That's what I want. The VC is too hard to see gauges.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Virtual Cockpit Panel Only View is black no panel in Coc

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the old 2d panel system started to be depreciated with FSX and is essentially now a thing of the past other than custom setups for cockpit builders etc. You will find a totally interactive and realistic virtual cockpit with the C172. It sounds like your issue might be more with view controls and now knowing how to move around and zoom and out for example in the Virtual cockpit?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mikenj
Airman Basic

Post by mikenj »

Lewis - A2A wrote:It sounds like your issue might be more with view controls and now knowing how to move around and zoom and out for example in the Virtual cockpit?
Yes, the gauges are way too small for me to see. I can zoom in, but I liked the 2D panel being static with all of the gauges / switches in view. I have the CH flight sim yoke with hat switch. Can you recommend a technique other than default zoom keys?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

How big a monitor are you playing on?

they should be fully readable just with looking down with the glance as with in the real world the gauges are not always there you have to look down and around and sometimes up to see things, its the same in the simulation.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

mikenj wrote:
Lewis - A2A wrote:It sounds like your issue might be more with view controls and now knowing how to move around and zoom and out for example in the Virtual cockpit?
Yes, the gauges are way too small for me to see. I can zoom in, but I liked the 2D panel being static with all of the gauges / switches in view. I have the CH flight sim yoke with hat switch. Can you recommend a technique other than default zoom keys?
Some of the preset views for the 172 have no movement on them, so you could look at the panel .cfg and figure out how to get the sim to do what you want. You should also research the default zoom settings and other mods you can make to the sim to adapt the views you already have. If you dont want a widescreen view you can do that with a mouseclick.

Or buy a bigger monitor!

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”