A2A C172 autopilot not on P3D v3

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Milky
Airman

A2A C172 autopilot not on P3D v3

Post by Milky »

Hi again, I have had some wonderful weeks since my first problems were solved. Today my autopilot simply will not switch on, the clock is also disabled. I went over the breaker switches several times and they are all on, avionics master switch is on, and the GPS receiver is fully operative, everything below that is dead. I am now simply at a loss for further action. I have become very attached to the autopilot, makes for very comfortable flying. Help will be much appreciated. 'Everything' within the cockpit seems to check out as far as visible switches are concerned.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: A2A C172 autopilot not on P3D v3

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

has anything changed recently on your system, any new add-ons etc?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello again Alan. Sounds like an odd one! :? In addition to Lewis's question, did you actually click on each of the circuit breakers? It's very hard to tell just by looking in one or more has tripped.

Thanks,
Nick

Milky
Airman

Post by Milky »

Hi Lewis and Nick,
I upgraded my monitor to a `Dell 2716DG and my Graphics card to a GTX 1050 Ti that was a couple of weeks ago. Yes I literally hovered over the breaker, and the clicked it, and rechecked with a hover to note 'on', did it several times with the instrument panel on max magnification. I can still fly, but I have become used to hitting the AP button when I have established an about 6/7 hundred feet rate of climb, I love it, took me weeks to learn how to use it, but love it. Thanks to you both. G Sync is enabled also.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

what add-ons are you using and how are you loading the flight?

thanks,
Lewis

Milky
Airman

Post by Milky »

Hi Lewis,
Just P3D.exe and P3D loads with megasceneryearth and Horizons airports, one aircraft only the A2A C172, no other addons that I am aware of. I did click remember instrument settings at some point, but do not really do much. I always switch the engine off, also off the master avionics, which stays off until the engine is restarted. I am getting more careful with daily walk round checks, oil petrol etc. I am going to have a look at my FSX settings, illogical maybe, even on another HD, but I found when I got the new Monitor, sound was off in FSX, where there is an option to disable Dell sound which I did, and there was sound, and when I went back to P3D there was sound, although Dell was not appearing in the Sound configuration option, just my Via. I hope this does not obscure anything, I just use P3D.
Thank you Lewis, it means a lot. Had a look at default C172 in FSX, autopilot working AOK, but what a contrast to the A2A, it seemed 'dead' took it up anyhow, and the `Horizon X ver 3 scenery is better than the `Megasceneryearth, but I couldent wait to land and get out, it is history.
Last edited by Milky on 20 Jun 2017, 09:49, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ok because these things are normally something little that catches people out I got to ask if all the units are turned on?

thanks,
Lewis

Milky
Airman

Post by Milky »

Hi Lewis,
Only the GNS 400 lights up the `GPS receiver which is fully functional, the rest of the avionics stack is 'dead' the AP simply does not switch on, I can hear the click through the loudspeakers clearly, apart from the breaker, is it 'connected' to the rest of the stack for electrical input, i don't use VOR Navigation, I use the GPS GNS400 for general visual guidance when in VFR (I am always VFR), and I set bug in the directional gyro for the heading, which I can then use in the AP by hitting the heading button. Everything between the GPS receiver and the AP I do not touch, they usually light up, but not now, I have turned whatever can be turned on to 'on'. So yes.
Thanks Lewis.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Start with a new flight, a default flight, then switch to the 172. Now switch everything on.
Does it work now?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sorry I mean the units themselves are the units themselves all turned on with the individual switches?

thanks,
Lewis

Milky
Airman

Post by Milky »

Hi Mallcott,Many blessings sincerely. I opted for the P3D default flight, it was the `raptor f22, took it up anyhow, did a circuit or two and stalled attempting to land. Reselected a vehicle my C172R Skyhawks, and behold it was perfect, all the avionics stack alight, and the AP squealing loudly. Complete solution. I have now saved that flight as my default, and get to my home airstrip in due course. What you have done, virtually, is a complete reset, sometimes my Kindle goes 'funny' so does Alexa in my echo, and a disconnect and reconnect, all is well. Like most brilliant things, simple in hindsight, but still brilliant in reality. Thank you........Alan

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Milky wrote:Hi Mallcott,Many blessings sincerely. I opted for the P3D default flight, it was the `raptor f22, took it up anyhow, did a circuit or two and stalled attempting to land. Reselected a vehicle my C172R Skyhawks, and behold it was perfect, all the avionics stack alight, and the AP squealing loudly. Complete solution. I have now saved that flight as my default, and get to my home airstrip in due course. What you have done, virtually, is a complete reset, sometimes my Kindle goes 'funny' so does Alexa in my echo, and a disconnect and reconnect, all is well. Like most brilliant things, simple in hindsight, but still brilliant in reality. Thank you........Alan
Your default saved A2A flight occasionally becomes corrupted and going back to a real default usually fixes things. You can now save the A2A aircraft again as your default flight and it should be OK to load from that, next time.
It should not be necessary to load a default aircraft every time, only when the saved flight has become corrupt.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

We do not recommend using complex simulations such as ours for a default flight due to potential initialisation issues in the way the sim loads for first load.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”