C172 Trainer Porpoising at higher RPM

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: C172 Trainer Porpoising at higher RPM

Post by Oracle427 »

Progress! Now, I'm not sure what real world conditions you have flown in yet, but I wouldn't be too eager to dial back settings lest you make for an unrealistic real world weather depiction when conditions are more extreme.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Tom_G_2010
Airman First Class

Post by Tom_G_2010 »

I have AS16 back up and running and have what feels much more like normal flight after dialing back a few turbulence settings. The one that seemed to make the most difference was "Random Light Chop Turbulence Percentage" It was at the default of 25 and I took it down to 15.

Still strange that this came out of no where just in the past week or so. But, maybe someone was messing with the weather settings at FlightSimCon...

Thanks to Oracle427 and mallcott for the input on solving this!!!
https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim/ PC: Intel Core i7 @ 3.2GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, Dual SSDs, NVidea G780 SIM: P3D, FSUIPC4, ASE 2016, Orbix, REX 2, A2A 172

Tom_G_2010
Airman First Class

Post by Tom_G_2010 »

Oracle427 wrote:Progress! Now, I'm not sure what real world conditions you have flown in yet, but I wouldn't be too eager to dial back settings lest you make for an unrealistic real world weather depiction when conditions are more extreme.
I'm still getting some buffeting and have to stay well ahead of things at higher RPM so I don't think I've gone too far the other way. I'll be up flying with a friend in a few weeks in a 172 so I'll have another chance to collect some real world control feel to bring back to the sim for fine tuning.

Again, Thanks for the input. It's greatly appreciated!!
https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim/ PC: Intel Core i7 @ 3.2GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, Dual SSDs, NVidea G780 SIM: P3D, FSUIPC4, ASE 2016, Orbix, REX 2, A2A 172

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Glad to help. I saw your sim cockpit at FlightSimCon and was next in line to try it out when you had to take it down for maintenance of the control system. Unfortunately, I couldn't be there on Sunday to try it then. It looks amazing!
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Tom_G_2010
Airman First Class

Post by Tom_G_2010 »

Oracle427 wrote:Glad to help. I saw your sim cockpit at FlightSimCon and was next in line to try it out when you had to take it down for maintenance of the control system. Unfortunately, I couldn't be there on Sunday to try it then. It looks amazing!
Thanks! :D Bummer that you couldn't come back on Sunday. :( As best I can tell a kid (who I later learned damaged someone else's rig as well that day) slammed the rudder pedals hard enough to cause a problem with the linkage. :x I was able to fix it later that evening and everything was back in action.

As it turned out a couple of my friends at the event who are real world pilots were coming out of the Cloud 9 lounge as I was finishing my first test flight and I let them fly it so I could watch the linkages from underneath to confirm all was working properly. It makes for some amusing approaches when the pilot has one hand on the yoke and the other on a Long Island Ice Tea. And, judging from their landing, it was not their first Long Island... :mrgreen:

Hope you can come back next year! Be sure to stop over and fly the sim if you do.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”