C172 not showing up in P3Dv4

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
CrownCityMisfit
Senior Airman

C172 not showing up in P3Dv4

Post by CrownCityMisfit »

Installed P3DV4, ran it, looks great.

Ran the brand new A2A C172 P3DV4 installer, launched sim, aircraft wasn't in selection menu.

Discovered here on A2A forum that I need to edit the add-on.cfg file at C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

add-on.cfg does not exist in that folder.

Took me a while to discover that the cfg is in ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4. You may want to change that in your tutorial here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=59802

The 172 entry does exist in the cfg, and points to the correct installation folder...

[Package.0]
PATH=S:\Addons\A2A\C172_Trainer
TITLE=A2A P3D Add-Ons
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

But the aircraft does not show up in the aircraft selection menu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
10900k | 3090 | Win10 | C4D | Adobe Suite | Cinema 4D | Unity
MSFS |The Skypark | Orbx | Milviz | PMDG | anxiously waiting for A2A
Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | CH Pro Pedals |Stream Deck XL

CrownCityMisfit
Senior Airman

Re: C172 not showing up in P3Dv4

Well I figured it out through process of elimination.

When I installed the plane, I wanted to be very organized, and installed to a folder called "C172_Trainer", not the default "A2A". The folder structure that was installed to the folder "C172_Trainer" was a bit odd upon review, so I decided to uninstall and reinstall, making sure to note the default location of the install. Here I noticed that the installer wanted to install to a folder called "A2A". Furthermore, I ACTUALLY READ the text and realized that ALL A2A aircraft need to be installed to the same folder...

DING DING DING

Doesn't make sense to install all A2A aircraft to a folder caller "C172_Trainer". So I didn't this time. Instead installed to a folder called "A2A" in the location of my choice.

It works now.

May want to make it a bit clearer in the installer that the user should not change the name of the folder from "A2A", no matter the location. Please correct me if I simply missed that instruction.

Thanks!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

good to hear you sorted it out. We have made it as clear as possible in plain text in the installer how to install. We know many users tend to click next next finish, and unfortunately theirs not much we can do about this other than offer support to read the installation when they post on the forums asking for help.

Its always good practice to read what you install on your system in general. Outside FS land, for general computer use stuff like browsers etc so much bloatware is installed by so many different installers that you should always read an installer to make sure you know where and what is happening.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

CrownCityMisfit
Senior Airman

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

good to hear you sorted it out. We have made it as clear as possible in plain text in the installer how to install. We know many users tend to click next next finish, and unfortunately theirs not much we can do about this other than offer support to read the installation when they post on the forums asking for help.
True words, but I hope one point I made is not getting lost...

I intalled the C172 in to a folder I created called "C172_Trainer" and the installer created a very strange set of folders within it. It didn't work. In fact, I had to manually delete the folders because the A2A uninstaller didn't recognize them. When I reinstalled to a folder called "A2A" (in a place of my choosing) the plane installed fine and worked perfectly. Same for the 182, Comanche and Cherokee.

So the question is - is it mandatory to install to a folder named "A2A"? If so, that is not noted in the installer instructions.

Of course it's possible that I found a bug that screws up the C172 install when installing to a folder specifically called "C172_Trainer". I'd try to replicate the bug and take screenshots, but I don't want to screw with my setup.

Cheers.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No its not required as the folder will be created by the installer, once created all subsequent installs should go into the same place.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”