Red Nav Light Oddity (V4)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Sethos
Airman

Red Nav Light Oddity (V4)

Post by Sethos »

Hey,

Something I just noticed as I was flying through the beautiful Norway was, the red navigational light seems to have this 'glow' around it that is both cut off and seems to move around in a peculiar fashion as you turn the plane.

As you can see, the top part is sliced and in the bottom picture it has moved away from the actual position of the red light and is now hanging off to the side. I tried deleting the plane's folder and re-installing, using the default plane instead of a custom livery version, I tried clearing the cache but it seems to remain. All the other lights work just fine, have a perfect little glow but the red is off.

Here's a comparison of all the lights, where you can now see the red bubble is moved further back in this camera position;

Is this a known bug, something in my installation that's interacting with it?

Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Red Nav Light Oddity (V4)

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Sethos,

Not sure about a "known bug" but one previous poster has reported the same issue. I've not been able to reproduce it with my setup though.

Looking at your earlier (rather fine) screenshots, the glitch doesn't seem to be present. Is this something that has only recently started happening, or is it more of an intermittent problem?

It might help with pinning down the cause if you can share a bit more relevant info such as your graphics card make/model and any add-ons such as shader tweaks, etc. etc.

Thanks,
Nick

Sethos
Airman

Post by Sethos »

Hey Nick,

Thanks for the reply. You are right, it does seem to have occurred recently based on those screenshots. I think you know how it is, you notice something out of the ordinary and aren't actually sure how long it has been like that. So I looked through my fancy little Google spreadsheet, see which addons I installed since then and nothing that could effect it popped out. I did however install SPAI recently, a donationware traffic mod getting a lot of praise.

Figured "Hmmm, can that really be it?"

So I uninstalled it and boom, lights back to normal. Installed it again, lights wonky again. Headed into the "After uninstall - Restore original files" folder of SPAI and dug out the texture "fx_2.bmp" which it seems to replace. Popped that back into the appropriate folder and whatdya' know, problem sorted :)

I apologise for coming here guns blazing, blaming the aircraft :P

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sethos wrote:So I looked through my fancy little Google spreadsheet, see which addons I installed since then and nothing that could effect it popped out. I did however install SPAI recently, a donationware traffic mod getting a lot of praise.
Okay... That's what I call organised! :mrgreen: Good to hear you managed to identify the apparent culprit quickly. Thanks for the detailed update too; hopefully it will be helpful for any other community members who run into similar issues. (I'll PM the author of the other post too, just in case it's the same cause.)

Cheers,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear, is the SPAI program you are using P3DV4 add-on or are you trying to port it across?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Sethos
Airman

Post by Sethos »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Good to hear, is the SPAI program you are using P3DV4 add-on or are you trying to port it across?

thanks,
Lewis
It has native V4 compatibility. It replaces the stock AI traffic but also seems to replace that one, single texture which the 172 also relies on to some extend.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Thanks for the info... I was trying to reproduce this with the available installers with no luck, Glad to hear it's linked to another program. 64bit is wonderful but will bring some interesting things to troubleshoot. @Sethos, the spreadsheet is a great idea although I try to avoid them at home as I deal with too many at work :roll:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I'd double check that p3dv4 compatibility as it doesn't look like it is. Changing an installer doesnt make software p3dv4 compatible btw. It must as PMDG recently pointed also out be created with the P3D SDK tools.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”