Help please with Accu Sim Updater

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Johnwag
Airman

Help please with Accu Sim Updater

Post by Johnwag »

Hello.

Today I have moved from FSX-SE to P3D v4 and purchased and installed the A2A C172 for P3D v4. Looks to be working correctly. I already have most of the A2A aircraft for FSX. I remembered the often-mentioned action to run the updater after installation - so I downloaded it and started to run it. The first couple of 'pages' of the updater referred to updating FSX aircraft. I don't need to update all my FSX A2A aircraft - already did that awhile ago. How do I get the updater to update the P3D version of the C172?

The FSX files are in my I drive. I put P3D v4 into my J drive and saved the C172 P3Dv4 to J drive as well.

I see the updater asks for a Destination Folder - this is showing the FSX location in Steam. Should I be changing that to the same location as where I put the P3D C172 files (J\P3D v4 Add-Ons) ??? Or does it not matter where the Destination Folder is - it will find the P3D version as well as the FSX-SE version ??? (I'm a bit frightened to try in case it mucks up the FSX SE A2A aircraft.)

Sorry if this has been answered in another thread - I did search to try to find the answer but didn't find.

Hope I've explained that ok
Thanks

John

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Help please with Accu Sim Updater

Post by Nick - A2A »

Johnwag wrote:How do I get the updater to update the P3D [v4] version of the C172?
Hello John.

The short answer is that in this case, you don't need to. :) Because the P3D v4 installer for the Skyhawk has been newly compiled by A2A it contains all the latest fixes and updates. However, it's probably worth keeping an eye on the forums (or subscribing to the update topic) as a P3D v4 compatible version of the updater will presumably turn up at some point in the future.

Thanks,
Nick

Johnwag
Airman

Post by Johnwag »

Great, thanks for that Nick.

John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes no need for any updater for P3Dv4 at this time as well as the conversion work for the new P3D platform and adding some new eye candy we are always making sure the P3Dv4 are updated as much as they can be for the initial release.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Johnwag
Airman

Post by Johnwag »

Thanks Lewis.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”