No pilot\passenger model?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Muybonito523
Airman Basic

No pilot\passenger model?

Post by Muybonito523 »

Hi guys,

Great product you got here, I am really impressed and am having a blast flying the Cessna 172 Trainer you guys got. My issue isn't too dramatic, its just more of a quirk issue, but when doing payloads and adding passengers it would be nice to have a visible confirmation.

The problem is that when I change the empty plane option, I should see a pilot and passengers I have assigned in the airplane, however, all I get is the seatbelt? Kinda weird as if a ghost was flying the airplane. Anyone run into this issue at all before, tried reinstalling the aircraft to no avail still get ghosts as pilots and passengers.

Thanks in advanced!

Information:
Win 10
FSX Deluxe SP2
GeForce 960
3.5Ghz I5 intel

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: No pilot\passenger model?

Post by Oracle427 »

Do you have advanced animations turned on?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

do you mean inside the cockpit in virtual cockpit view?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Muybonito523 wrote:Hi guys,

Great product you got here, I am really impressed and am having a blast flying the Cessna 172 Trainer you guys got. My issue isn't too dramatic, its just more of a quirk issue, but when doing payloads and adding passengers it would be nice to have a visible confirmation.

The problem is that when I change the empty plane option, I should see a pilot and passengers I have assigned in the airplane, however, all I get is the seatbelt? Kinda weird as if a ghost was flying the airplane. Anyone run into this issue at all before, tried reinstalling the aircraft to no avail still get ghosts as pilots and passengers.

Thanks in advanced!

Information:
Win 10
FSX Deluxe SP2
GeForce 960
3.5Ghz I5 intel
You will see them from any external view.
You will not see them in VC or internal views - the quality of human figure modelling is improving all the time, but the only way to make them visible in VC view would kill your fps.

Muybonito523
Airman Basic

Post by Muybonito523 »

I mean externally when I am, in say tower view.

Did some deeper searching found someone with the issue I had, turns out you have to have "advanced animations" turned on, I had to restart FSX after selecting it to on but that did the trick.

I did notice as well that the lights on the aircraft at least for me don't work to well under the directx 10 preview, they basically don't illuminate anything, thought that was weird, but works fine when directx 10 is unchecked.

Edit: Oracle, didn't see your post before I sent this, you were right, advanced animations, is that somewhere in the documentation for the aircraft that this should be turned on or is this just a bug? I'd feel pretty embarrassed if I missed it in the manual :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Muybonito523 wrote:Edit: Oracle, didn't see your post before I sent this, you were right, advanced animations, is that somewhere in the documentation for the aircraft that this should be turned on or is this just a bug? I'd feel pretty embarrassed if I missed it in the manual :)
It's not a bug but unfortunately this setting was missed when they wrote the manual. Partly for this reason it catches out the occasional FSX user, though in P3D this setting is enabled by default and can't be accessed in the GUI if I recall correctly.

As regards the DX10 preview in FSX, that's all it is I'm afraid: an unfinished preview. Visual issues are pretty much inevitable unless you use the "DX10 scenery fixer", an excellent (payware) tool which properly enables this mode and allows internal self-shadowing etc. :wink:

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”