Ailerom Trim

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
flightman1949
Airman

Ailerom Trim

Post by flightman1949 »

I assigned buttons in FSUIPC to trim the Ailerons left, right and center. Trimming the aileron left and right work fine. However when I trim the aileron left and then hit the button to Center the ailerons. the aircraft continues to back left. The same thing with aileron trim right, the aircraft continues to back to the right while pressing the Aileron Trim Center button. I then tried assigning a button to center the aileron in Prepar3d but still the Aileron Center does not work. Is this a bug in the C172?

Flightman

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Ailerom Trim

Post by Nick - A2A »

The Cessna 172 that A2A modelled isn't actually fitted with an aileron trim system Frank. I guess if you're using FSUIPC to assign buttons to these functions and tapping into P3D's underlying trim functionality, some odd behaviour is possible. :wink:

Cheers,
Nick

flightman1949
Airman

Post by flightman1949 »

That is kind of odd that you can trim left and right but cannot center the aileron in an aircraft that is not fitted with an aileron Trim system. When I used FSUIPC i deleted any keys and/or buttons in P3D that might have interfered with the functionality. I quess I will have to just do without that functionality

Thanks
Frank

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

flightman1949 wrote:That is kind of odd that you can trim left and right but cannot center the aileron in an aircraft that is not fitted with an aileron Trim system. When I used FSUIPC i deleted any keys and/or buttons in P3D that might have interfered with the functionality. I quess I will have to just do without that functionality

Thanks
Frank
As has been explained, the sim regards the trim system as a separate control surface, acting on the actual control surfaces. For that reason if any of the controls are programmed within the sim, its not possible to disable the trim axis unless some really complex programming is used.

Like FSX, P3D exaggerates the off-centre effect of unbalanced loads and this may be the actual cause of your issue.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”