P3Dv4, Saitek Switch Panel BAT and ALT switches

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
iefbr14
Airman First Class

P3Dv4, Saitek Switch Panel BAT and ALT switches

Post by iefbr14 »

Since SPAD is not longer running under P3D v4, some1's suggestions using SPAD is not longer working, so I tried to set it up with Saitek drivers.

Does anyone got BAT, and ALT switches of SAITEK switch panel running using native Saitek drivers?
Everything is working fine, except BAT, and ALT switches. Setting is same assignment as shown in Michael's example. OFF-Events are working but not the ON event. When entering key commands directly in P3D v4 they are working fine. So, to me it looks like, the Input Configurator doesn't catch the ON-signal from Saitek switch.

What do you think, what could be the problem, Saitek driver, Input configurator or what else could I try?

lowflyr
Airman

Re: P3Dv4, Saitek Switch Panel BAT and ALT switches

Post by lowflyr »

SPAD is working fine for me in v4. That's how I have my Saitek Panels configured.

iefbr14
Airman First Class

Post by iefbr14 »

lowflyr wrote:SPAD is working fine for me in v4. That's how I have my Saitek Panels configured.
Hm, interesting. I get a runtime error 9 (Index out of range), when launching SPAD v 0.5.1. FSUIPC v5.1 is installed. Is there something missing?

Andreas

lowflyr
Airman

Post by lowflyr »

Might need to update Spad. Latest version is 0.9.6

lars667
Airman

Post by lars667 »

It seems iefbr14 is referring to the original SPAD, which I do not think works with v4. There is support for v4 in SPAD.Next, though. Which I guess is what you refer to as 0.9.6, lowflyr?

I upgraded from SPAD to SPAD.next myself, but haven't been able to make all of the panels work jet. I thought you needed LVAR support, which wasn't quite ready last time I checked. But then it looks like you have a working setup, lowflyr :)

lowflyr
Airman

Post by lowflyr »

Yes, sorry for not being more specific. I have Spad.next.

I am using the Multi Panel and Switch panel, and while they are not 100% perfect, I was able to get them set up enough to be usable until Lvar is working.

iefbr14
Airman First Class

Post by iefbr14 »

Thanks guys for your reply's, and confirmations.
Just my conclusions/experiences...
- Saitek switch panel with orig Saitek drivers is running fine, but except BAT-/ALT Buttons
- old SPAD 0.5x is not running under P3D v4
- Demo Version of SPAD.neXT 0.9.6.4 is working, but fuel pump switch OFF position not running using profile A2A Cessna 172 by rikthefrog of 05.06.2012

Every hint or idea how to get fuel pump switch running are welcome :wink:

Andreas

lowflyr
Airman

Post by lowflyr »

I've had a heck of a time with the fuel pump. I have it set up to toggle (using FSUIPC but used simconnect before as well). For some reason whenever I first turn on the battery the fuel pump and pitot heat both come on. So I end up having to toggle them with the mouse.

That's why I say the current setup is not perfect. Once lvar is working these issues should be resolved. For now there are definitely some frustrating issues. Fwiw I am not using saitek drivers at all. None of my commands are emulation events. They are all either FSUIPC or simconnect.

I know that's not terribly helpful.

iefbr14
Airman First Class

Post by iefbr14 »

Geht doch ... 8)

I've opened event definition in SPAD.next and replaced the OFF condition as follows...

And this works like a charm :mrgreen:

lowflyr
Airman

Post by lowflyr »

Good deal. Thanks for sharing that. I haven't really put a lot of time into my profile, because once lvar is working I am hoping I can go back to my old profile. But glad you got it working. I may give that a try next time I fly.

mathurpc
Airman First Class

Post by mathurpc »

Using SpadNEXT (latest version) I tried all possible variables for BAT and ALT - LVAR, simconnect, FSUIPC but none of these work for BAT an ALT. All other switches are working fine.
I did not have this problem with P3D v3.4. Is there any change in the variables in this version of A2A planes?

Pramod

lars667
Airman

Post by lars667 »

mathurpc wrote:Using SpadNEXT (latest version) I tried all possible variables for BAT and ALT - LVAR, simconnect, FSUIPC but none of these work for BAT an ALT. All other switches are working fine.
I did not have this problem with P3D v3.4. Is there any change in the variables in this version of A2A planes?

Pramod
According to http://www.spadnext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14337 LVAR support is not available yet, and I think you need this to get complete support for this airplane?

I'm not doing anything more to make it work before they have that sorted out, but please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No that's just for P3Dv4. Things are still being updated for the newer version of the platform.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

Post by Rarebear »

Im trying to set up Spa.next, latest download and for some reason it does not detect fsuipc. I installed it and it is in the modules folder of P3dv4. am I missing something? also, it installed to my programs files on the C drive. no the x86 folder. is that a problem?

Thanks.
JDW

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Rarebear wrote:Im trying to set up Spa.next, latest download and for some reason it does not detect fsuipc. I installed it and it is in the modules folder of P3dv4. am I missing something? also, it installed to my programs files on the C drive. no the x86 folder. is that a problem?

Thanks.
JDW
Which platform? If P3Dv4 are you running the P3Dv4 FSUIPC and not an old one, as you mention x86 which P3Dv4 is not as its and its add-ons are all 64bit.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”