C172 installed into P3Dv4 - now wish to uninstall from v3

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
PurdueKev
Airman Basic

C172 installed into P3Dv4 - now wish to uninstall from v3

Post by PurdueKev »

I want to make sure I do this properly in order not to mess up any registry entries or anything...

I have installed the C172 into v4 (I already had it installed in v3). What is the safest method to uninstall my v3 copy ONLY of the C172 so as not to affect the existing v4 installation?

There is an uninstall option for the C172 in my Windows 10 apps section, but I am uncertain if this is for the older v3 version or the new v4.

Thanks!

Kevin

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C172 installed into P3Dv4 - now wish to uninstall from v

Post by Nick - A2A »

Kevin,

Rather a late response I know, but the original P3Dv4 Skyhawk didn't include an uninstaller so the entry in the add/remove programs dialog was for your P3Dv3 version.

Just be aware if using it that it's likely to uninstall some Accu-Sim components which are shared with other A2A products. The latest version of the P3Dv4 172 does include its own uninstaller though, with a more selective logic (i.e. it shouldn't remove any shared files).

I'll also just repost this advice to another member about manually uninstalling the files from the original P3Dv4 product.
Nick M wrote:Because there wasn't an uninstaller with the original P3Dv4 Skyhawk, you'll just need to manually delete any files within the old directory structure. Using my installation path as an example, the file/folders to delete would be as follows:

F:\Prepar3D v4\A2A\Cessna172
F:\Prepar3D v4\Gauges\accusim
F:\Prepar3D v4\Gauges\accusim_xml
F:\Prepar3D v4\Gauges\A2A_Accusim.dll
F:\Prepar3D v4\Scripts\A2AMat_Glass.lua
F:\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172

You can also go into the F:\Prepar3D v4\Effects directory and delete any files which start with "fx_a2a_" (there should be about 25 of them). Finally, to get rid of everything, also delete the few corresponding "fx_a2a_" texture files in F:\Prepar3D v4\Effects\Textures.

A full listing of the files which the installer installs can be seen in the log file: F:\Prepar3D v4\A2A\Cessna172\wos_c172.log.
Thanks,
Nick

PurdueKev
Airman Basic

Re: C172 installed into P3Dv4 - now wish to uninstall from v

Post by PurdueKev »

Thanks Nick! That was very helpful!

Kevin

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”